Article comments/Disqus/log in problems after the relaunch

Discussion in 'GRandmasters' started by sli, Jul 18, 2017.

1. sli

sli New Member

Hi,

I've been having problems with article comments after the website relaunch. (And is a big part of the reason I haven't been around lately...... it was disheartening, like being shunned from the community! Not intentional of course I know.)

The first problem was inability to log in (old password wasn't working), that was solved by the password reset link provided by Jonathan a while back. But afterwards, I can log in with my GR account, but all my profile data on Disqus disappeared, including avatar pic. Is this because I never signed up to Disqus proper, but just the GR instance/comments section local Disqus?

My GR profile seems to have migrated fine, as I can log in and post in the forums, has my join date listed, and avatar pic is intact (but pixelated). Only has previous forum activity logged though.

2. Jonathan_Leack

Jonathan_Leack Executive Editor
    Staff Member

Hey sli,

We're currently investigating this.

Note that this is affecting everyone, including me. In my case, I prefer to use an official Disqus account, so I have been using that since the relaunch.

- Jonathan

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  3. Jonathan_Leack

Staff Member

sli,

The cause of the issue has been located. Once we implement a fix we'll push it out to the live servers and I'll update you.

Thanks for your patience.

4. sli

sli New Member

Thanks for the quick turnaround!

I don't mind as much as long as I can log in and post, but I'm a hoarder at heart, so it pains me that all my records got wiped (or just archived somewhere else). :D

But I should get a proper Disqus account? Haven't been much of a fan since it replaced the native GR comments system though!

5. Jonathan_Leack

Staff Member

The issue had to do with new User IDs being assigned during the relaunch. We're going to find a way to pair the legacy and new user IDs so that this is no longer an issue.

It's a good idea to have a Disqus account, but we'll have your original GR comment profile up and working soon.

6. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Active Member

Yeah, my profile is still being a bit funny, too.

My forum login works just fine, my old avatar is still up and such. However, when I log onto the front page, my user name/password works just fine, but my statistics for it are gone (comments, upvotes, profile picture etc.)

7. Jonathan_Leack

Staff Member

We're still working on this. It'll require a little help from the team at Disqus.

Thanks for your patience.