Android

Daddio said:
galaxy s2 w/ ps3 controller > handheld cellphone.

I havent been able to put the phone down ita amazing. (have been at home all night dont worry not in public)

Its so fast and smooth and everything just makes sense and is easy to use and simple. Ive never used kindle but this screen is so nice i downloaded a book and dont think ill buy one from a store again. So convenient, just layin in the dark readim flippin pages wih thr swipe of my thumbb.

(havent got used to touch svreen keyboard yet but worka better than i thought it woukd.)

Ps howcan blackberry get it sooooooo wrong when other companies get it sooo right. This phone owns my torch in every singoe way imaginabke x100

Lethean said:
Almost got the Xperia Play myself. Is it laggy at all?
Not really, everything is decently fast. Not as quick as an iPhone through the menus, but very few things are.
Love the freedom over iOS.

Pretty happy with it so far. Full day of standby with wi-fi on all the time and a normal amount of use and the battery is at 70%, so i should get 2 days out of a battery without too much trouble.

Might root and then overclock the snapdragon to 1.2ghz soon, just to speed things up a little bit more.

Happy with my purchase simply because:

And now i no longer have use for my PSP.

Any tips for making my battery not drain in two hours?

So far ive dimmed the screen, turned off auto rotate, all widgets i dont want. Ive read to root it and lower the clock speed but id rather try other things first

intoTheRain said:

So far ive dimmed the screen, turned off auto rotate, all widgets i dont want. Ive read to root it and lower the clock speed but id rather try other things first

What is the background you're using? I know with my dad's phone that he set a background that drained his battery in a ridiculous way, and was able to increase battery life by switching to something else.

intoTheRain said:

I'm usually on Airplane Mode all the time (with Wifi on) because I have a Personal Hotspot...

NickKmet said:
intoTheRain said:

What is the background you're using? I know with my dad's phone that he set a background that drained his battery in a ridiculous way, and was able to increase battery life by switching to something else.

Using a very dark plain background.

Ive done some more stuff. I got 8 hours out of this charge but really was using the phone a lot. Well see how far it gets next time with some energy saving stuff going on and less use. As long as it lasts morning to night thats all i ask

intoTheRain said:
NickKmet said:
intoTheRain said:

Ive done some more stuff. I got 8 hours out of this charge but really was using the phone a lot. Well see how far it gets next time with some energy saving stuff going on and less use. As long as it lasts morning to night thats all i ask

You could also invest in one of those portable chargers.
Some apps don't actually close after you exit out, so you might have to force close them.

TheJx4 said:
intoTheRain said:
NickKmet said:
intoTheRain said:

You could also invest in one of those portable chargers.
Some apps don't actually close after you exit out, so you might have to force close them.

I got an app called juice defender that seems to be working well. Manages most of that stuff for me. Gonna fully charge here shortly and see how long it lasts round two. As long as it lasts 8a-11p with moderate use ill he content

In for a penny, in for a pound. Buy an extra replacement battery for when the first one goes low. I do it for my iPod if I could.

And that's one of the awesome things about my xperia.

It's been up for a full 27hrs now, and in that time i've gone root, downloaded a ton of stuff off wifi, bluetoothed a couple pictures to my laptop, read about 50 pages in adobe reader, played crash bandicoot through a couple levels, played GT2 until i got $15k to buy a better car, listened to music for a fair amount of time while idling and playing with other apps, and have never had the wifi turned off in all that time.
Screen brightness is off auto and at about 80% and i have the haptic thing turned on.

Battery's at 40%.

What widgets do you have running?
Have any background tasks that chew through battery?

With your dual-core and massive screen, don't expect too much battery life though. You could underclock and undervolt it a bit and have it use less power. Go from 1.5ghz to 1.2ghz unless you're gaming or something else intensive and you should save a decent chunk of energy.

Chris_Crime said:
In for a penny, in for a pound. Buy an extra replacement battery for when the first one goes low. I do it for my iPod if I could.
It's usually just easier to buy one of the little portable backup batteries that have a USB charging port, so that it can charge a stack of different things when they go flat.

Chris_Crime said:
actually, I may check that out.

Wow an iPod AND might check out a gaming smart phone? Someones desperately seeking approval. Clearly these devices serve no other purpose.

I am disgusted...

intoTheRain said:
Chris_Crime said:
actually, I may check that out.

Wow an iPod AND might check out a gaming smart phone? Someones desperately seeking approval. Clearly these devices serve no other purpose.

I am disgusted...

Ehh, you might just head over to r/spacedicks if you want to get disgusted.

Chill, these be online forums lest we forget :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133