Ads in the forums

NickKmet

Regular
So, this is new for me, but I'm starting to see sidebar ads every time I visit the forums, as well as ads across the bottom. Normally, I wouldn't complain, but these are really pissing me off. The ads to the left and right push the actual forums off screen to the right. What's really annoying is that the ads across the bottom essentially make using the scroll bar at the bottom impossible to use, because I either can't see it, or when I go to click on it, the ad takes that as me clicking on the ad. I've also had a few video ads autoplay, which is really annoying.

Look, normally I wouldn't complain about this, because I understand you guys need the ad revenue to operate (and that's why I don't run adblock on GR at all), but this shit has been ruining the forums for me for the past few days (especially when I'm using a trackpad instead of a mouse), because I have to manually close these every god damn time I visit a new thread.

Is anyone else seeing this? I'm not seeing it on any other websites, so I'm assuming this is GR and not my computer being infected with malware.

NickKmet said:
Look, normally I wouldn't complain about this,
EucIfYY.gif

...go on..

NickKmet said:
because I understand you guys need the ad revenue to operate (and that's why I don't run adblock on GR at all),
JQB7k.gif

..but?

NickKmet said:
but this shit has been ruining the forums for me for the past few days
Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

haha, urban.

Interestingly enough, I'm not seeing them when I'm at work. So far I've only noticed them on one of my laptops at home. So idk what the fuck is going on.

I've only been seeing them when I'm on mobile. No clue why.

That said, I don't bother browsing anymore in class, because I'm afraid of them being the loud, annoying ones that plague the front page.

I haven't run into this problem, but we're following this. If you get this again, could you take a screenshot maybe? I'll update as I can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle