Your internet provider - who to choose?

piracer

Rookie
So im getting sick of Time Warner and their shitty slow internet connection/service. Who do you use? I do share it with 2 other people so we can afford to pay a little more but i was on Verizon's website and their like 'premium' service was under $50 i think whilst ATT had like an $80 one. Any difference?

TelstraClear.

Decent packages, somewhat limited data-use feedback (An email stating "You've used 80% of your datacap" being the only warning given before you go over) but unmetered access to multiple NZ sites, as well as unmetered Steam downloads.

Tyrranis said:
TelstraClear.

Decent packages, somewhat limited data-use feedback (An email stating "You've used 80% of your datacap" being the only warning given before you go over) but unmetered access to multiple NZ sites, as well as unmetered Steam downloads.
Could be worse. Telstra through Bigpond send you 1 email when you've hit 50%, and then nothing.
Only thing i like about Bigpond is when you call up and bitch enough they give you a 200gb ADSL2+ plan for $79/mnth that slows to 512kb/s when you're over as a peace offering, which i'm totally ok with.

As for OP, being in the America, always go for the most reliable one, followed by download usage and then speed.
All the ADSL2 and unlimited downloads in the world won't help you if your connection keeps dropping every 5 minutes.

I use Wildblue

Automatic lag, bandwidth caps of 17 gb for an absurd amount of money.

Yeah, it sucks.

Have you noticed piracer only comes back when he NEEDS something?! What are we to you man?! WHAT ARE WE TO YOU!?

^A servant, MattAY. For one day, Piracer will step up and become an Iron Chef.
I have Comcast. My bill (so far) is less than 40 USD. Cable internet, IMO, is much faster than DSL. Like I said before, I would have Verizon, but they don't have FIOS in my area.

I'm getting sick of Time Warner, but it has nothing to do with their internet connection.

It may not be the fastest in the world, but it is definitely fast enough for what I use it for, generally the fastest I've seen in its price range. But we are probably in two different areas, and I wouldn't put it past them to have shitty service somewhere else.

MattAY said:
Have you noticed piracer only comes back when he NEEDS something?! What are we to you man?! WHAT ARE WE TO YOU!?

You guys are my highly esteemed council of advisers :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Anyway I live in WA state on the east side near the Idaho border. They have Verizon, ATT and Timewarner. Speed wise is below average but stupid connection keeps dropping and its pissing me off. Doesn't help in gaming situations also. Only thing i miss about living in the dorms was the frekin blazing internet speeds.

piracer said:
Anyway I live in WA state on the east side near the Idaho border. They have Verizon, ATT and Timewarner. Speed wise is below average but stupid connection keeps dropping and its pissing me off. Doesn't help in gaming situations also. Only thing i miss about living in the dorms was the frekin blazing internet speeds.

Where do you live exactly? I go to college in Spokane, WA.

The best varies from area to area, look around for the fastest and cheapest provider.

In Hawaii I use Time Warner because it is the only viable one available and it sucks donkey balls. There is also clearwire, but that goes off a 4G network that is only really available in honolulu and random parts of kailua so that wasn't even a choice for me.

In MD, it is verizon FIOS all the way.

NickKmet said:
piracer said:

I go to WSU in Pullman

piracer said:
NickKmet said:
piracer said:

I go to WSU in Pullman

Ahhhh.... I go to Whitworth in north spokane.

danielrbischoff said:
I have what's available in my area.... so Time Waner.
If you live in the bay area, have you tried Sonic.net or Webpass? And if you live in SOMA, please for the love of god try monkeybrains, theey are simply the best but the internet is limited over a small area

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod