You want your Guile remix?

Aside from the slow segway in the middle, this is exactly what I'm talking about - the soundtrack for SFIV could have been so much better, especially since there are already so many remixes to choose from nowadays. Is it really that hard to have awesome music?

Its in the game. Methinks the reviewer didn't play very long, or can't remember the melody well enough to recognise it in the remix. The original 12 characters had remixes of their stage music, it plays most often during Rival fights.

Grey said:
Its in the game. Methinks the reviewer didn't play very long, or can't remember the melody well enough to recognise it in the remix. The original 12 characters had remixes of their stage music, it plays most often during Rival fights.

Oh, I'm not doubting that the Guile remix doesn't exist or that there aren't character remixes at all. It's more that they aren't featured enough in the game, which goes back to the whole idea of hometown stages and having the remixed theme tied to each of them. Though, I must say that I wasn't thrilled with the remixes, either, which I thought were just the melodies done with a different synth instrument underlined by random DJ beats. I thought they were trying too hard to sound like club music, as if they were Capcom dance remixes for Dance Dance Revolution and Pump It Up instead of hard-hitting fighting music. (One track that Third Strike got right was Alex and Ken's NYC theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTFLs7ZF ... re=related) The only SFIV remixes I can appreciate is Chun-Li's Theme and Abel's Theme, the former for clearly featuring the melody and the latter for not sounding like I might fail if I miss a double step.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod