Without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own...

Go outside this evening and take a look up in the sky, and you will see a Blue Moon. No, it won't actually be blue (or made of beer), but it will the second full moon this month, an uncommon enough event it spawned the expression "once in a blue moon." (The next one won't be until 2015).

In honor of this event, lets revisit our favorite Greek chorus from a children's movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxjaQV0ob2E

there's a handful of retarded wannabe "nerd" folk on my facebook excited to see a blue moon. When I said it wasn't actually going to be blue (an event which does occur, but only when there's a large amount of ash in the air, say from a forrest fire or volcano) they became quite butthurt and insisted I knew nothing

every god damn interaction I have with people makes me hate humanity more and more

200px-Blue_Moon_Beer.svg.png

terible beer btw

Oh man, I'm so excited!

Oh wait, it's overcast and cold. Fucking Bay Area. It's fucking August, not November.

Icepick said:
there's a handful of retarded wannabe "nerd" folk on my facebook excited to see a blue moon. When I said it wasn't actually going to be blue (an event which does occur, but only when there's a large amount of ash in the air, say from a forrest fire or volcano) they became quite butthurt and insisted I knew nothing

every god damn interaction I have with people makes me hate humanity more and more
It's good to know you treat your real life... er, facebook friends the same way you treat people who get excited about things on the forum.

danielrbischoff said:
Icepick said:

It's good to know you treat your real life... er, facebook friends the same way you treat people who get excited about things on the forum.

maybe if people weren't retards, I'd get along with them fine

Okay, I didn't film it. But I saw it, through the clouds.

And now I've got that stinkin' song stuck in my head, Monkey.

used44 said:
Why is this worth filming?
Because it's a blue moon. There won't be another for three years! Do you NOT see the importance of the moon being a little bit brighter than usual?!

So just to clarify - we all hate the moon?

Just checking. SOLAR FOR THE WIN!

MattAY said:
So just to clarify - we all hate the moon?

Just checking. SOLAR FOR THE WIN!
The moon's a lazy asshole, just lying around all day mooching off the earth and shit.

We should cover the entire thing with solar panels and use it as an electric petrol station to fill up when going between earth/mars, and have like high powered LEDs in between the panels so it's slightly brighter than it was the other night all the time so we can save money on like street lights and fuck with nocturnal animals.
Could recover the initial cost by making the LEDs multi-coloured and selling some ad space, so you look up at the moon and it's all like 'BUY MCDONALDS BITCH' because there's no advertising rules in space.
And we could like make it orange on Halloween and green on st patricks day and we could make it look like the death star and have it flash different colours like fireworks on new years and...

Hold on imma call NASA

For that amount of money we could write, "Fuck off Germany" on the moon.

>Frankie Boyle joke.

Oh and everyone on GR could get together some money and we'll light it up like a giant tit with the GR logo like a tattoo for a night.

This is the best idea ever, you can have it for free NASA. Save money by only putting the LEDs on 1 side.

Or you could put it on both sides and have the side we don't see say
'EARTH: 384000km
WARNING!
WE HAVE NUKES AND MACS'

And because we're generous, we could make it light up the murrikan flag on july 4th to help sell it to the taxpayers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod