Who's your cable/satellite/internet provider?

Colin_B

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Lately I've been hearing a lot of people talk about DirecTV and it got me thinking who the majority of you have. Cord cutting is definitely on the rise but there's still a large group of people using cable or satellite.

I have Comcast for my internet, t.v and phone but AT&T for my home security and automation. I'm about to switch it to Comcast because...Well, free is better than not free! I'm happy with the service. Internet is great but not as reliable as Frontier was when I had them. I see too many speed fluctuations lately which is annoying.

I have Commiecast too. It's the best option for my area. We just have internet and phone. Their TV service is awful. We had it for about 6 years before we finally dropped it. I'd estimate that we didn't have any signal half the time. They love to cut corners. Our internet service was completely unreliable too, until we finally heard that they were allowing you to trade in the potato modem they initially provide you with for a two-potato modem.

It's not all bad, though. It works. I just like to complain about these things.

At my home we have charter cable/fiber for internet(best net around) and at&t for the phone line and tv. My retired father hated how slow the charter tv box was but also hated how awfull at&t internet was.

We use Verizon for cell phones.

It all works great now except he has all three of them always calling or sending mail trying to get him to add the missing service from each one.

If it was my service I would have only the fastest internet package. Hell if I still lived in California I'd think of giving my cell phone up for WiFi phone services. There was always tons of open WiFi in my part of cali. Here though it is rare.

I have comcast, its pretty decent - but its tied into my TV cost which I never EVER use. I wish I could get satellite internet or fiber, but comcast is the only provider in my area... i still dont understand how this is legal.

anyway, saw this article and started to look for alternatives.., but i work from home a few times a month and need reliable internet.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/comcast-p ... 47599.html

I've been a loyal customer to DirecTV for years, over a decade I believe.
They've never said happy birthday once. But I like them better than the others I've seen at friends houses.

I have Comcast too, because that truly is the best option in my area. Verizon always have commercials for FioS here, but they don't have any of the fiber optics in my area. I'm not the only one in PA either http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/06 ... -wireless/

That data plan Urban mentioned about I get worried about. If they were to put my area in trial, I would be paying close to if not more than $100 for internet. I already pay nearly $70 just for internet. Internet connection is what I depend on. It's how I watch movies, TV shows, and to keep updated on current event. So, it's really easy for y'all to understand I do go pass 300GB monthly. HD streaming from either broadcasting or watching Netflix affects this. It's bullsh*t Comcast needs a data limit.

I refuse to pay for an internet package with a data cap. I remember AT&T had one but they didn't enforce it on the top speed package.

I hear Aussies have it the worst..

I got tired of paying so much for cable/satellite service so I dropped it and got Hulu. Eight bucks a month and most of the shows I like are on in. The few that aren't, I just find somewhere else to stream from.

Australia's Internet is pretty shocking, but our household is rolling with TPG. I'm pretty happy with it, all things considered.

We have Foxtel for TV, but a bare minimum package. It's mostly for my dad so he can watch sports.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod