Where's schimmel at because...

UghRochester

https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester
...It's STAR WARS DAY!
Time for sexy Leia

princess_leia-bikini.jpg

Stormtrooper.gif

Man I love me some star wars, one of my top favorite fictional universes to ever be made. If I didn't have to study for my last final I'd watch either new hope or empire strikes back today in honor of may 4th. Lately my friends have been trying to persuade me that I'm harsh on the new star wars trilogy and that they're not as bad as I keep proclaiming they are. Maybe they're right, maybe they are kinda good but are only bad because I'm comparing them to 4-6. What about you guys what's you're favorite star wars movie and game? For me it's a tie between 4/5 and KOTOR/Battlefront. Republic commando, the Jedi knights and the pod racing game come in a close second.

Also this:
star_wars_project_7_funny_star_wars_for_your_entertainment-s500x366-132362.jpg

Also typed this on my iPod there will be mistakes

The Phantom Menace is a total nostalgia trip for me... But yeah 4-6 are the best. 1-3 are watchable but star wars cynics love to harp on them unfairly. How could any new movies with such a strong focus on cgi live up to the originals?

I was watching the RedLetterMedia prequel reviews again just by chance. Man, the prequels sucked. Because all I got was an urge to watch the originals again.

Longo_2_guns said:
I was watching the RedLetterMedia prequel reviews again just by chance. Man, the prequels sucked. Because all I got was an urge to watch the originals again.

If watching 1-3 gave you the urge to keep watching 4-6 then I guess technically they are doing their jobs.

Also:
sw-boob.gif

Never played KOTOR (criticize me). I did however enjoy Battlefront 2 for the online. I remember a glitch that allowed me to use infinite force powers. I'm sure we're all going to agree 4-5 were the greatest. Return of the Jedi, I just didn't much care for.

Green_Lantern said:
If watching 1-3 gave you the urge to keep watching 4-6 then I guess technically they are doing their jobs.
Not in the way they should've, though.
It's more like if you've go to take a nice, relaxing shower and you turn it on only for it to rain dog shit on you. Well, that would really give you the urge to take a shower with water, now wouldn't it? That's what the Star Wars prequels are like.

Cool. Anyone doing a marathon or something to commemorate this day?

.....that's probably where Schimmy is if you think about it.

Is schimmel the "Star Wars guy?" I like schimmel but I didn't know he was our Star Wars guy.

By the way, I am also a Star Wars guy.

Too bad Star Wars got convoluted as a Dan Browns book in the form of a slinky.

I'm intrigued by the franchise --> mostly the movies. But as a whole... the thing frickin' scares me: movies, books, comics, games, magazines... it has just gotten too big for its own good.

The newer Star Wars games are a proof of this. :(

Thats why you just need to trust the old movies as canon and ignore the middle stuff...especially everything in Force Unleashed...

LinksOcarina said:
Thats why you just need to trust the old movies as canon and ignore the middle stuff...especially everything in Force Unleashed...

I played the demo to the second one and really enjoyed it, is it actually bad? Please don't say it's bad... Yes there has been some unnecessary spin offs but I guess I view majority of it as good because of my love for the far away galaxy. I was mad when I found out Battlefront 3 was canceled cause that leaked gameplay looked awesome.

And to the tattoo and some guy I went to disney with had the greatest tattoo idea his words: "I want to get a tattoo of yodi on my chest to represent my fan love for the series, and I choose yodi because if I get old the wrinkles will just make yodi look older and if I get fat he just turns into jabba the hut" I'm not a tattoo guy but I'd consider that

Yoda.

I really enjoyed the story (and gameplay) of Force Unleashed until the very end where it was all "Multiple endings! Both destroy the canon!" Not sure why it couldn't have just picked one good ending. Not everything needs to have options, just continue telling your good story.

I just got Force Unleashed II today in the mail, coincidentally. I'll start it tonight probably.

Holy shit Howie Hall is calling me out! May the belated Fourth be with you all, and to make you happy here's a couple up-to-date pictures of my Star Wars arm.

DSCN7998.jpg

those are the three facing more frontwards

216441_886244257544_30318163_40933029_2182002_n.jpg

that's my most recent. If you have me on facebook you've all seen it already, but I'm completely in love with it. Han Solo in carbonite coming out of my arm?! I just creamed my pants over it again!!

I know it's been a while since my last tattoo picture posts, and yeah, it's been a hot minute since I worked on my Star Wars arm, but trust me, I've been getting other sweet things done too, like a pirate leg. Yeah, a pirate themed tattoo leg sleeve. It's awesome. But this isn't the topic for that.

Again, but this time for realz, May the Force be with you all.

And sadly, I didn't do a marathon today. I really wanted to, but I went to a Detroit Tigers game instead. We kicked the shit out of the Yankees, so it was still a good SW day!

The first time i heard about the may the fourth joke was in duckula. Anyone remember that show?

Also i think the first force unleash is underrated while the second one... yyeeaaahh... skip it

I must admit I'm jealous of you Star Warriors.
While you were fostering an obsession a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I was wasting my hours watching Heathcliff cartoons and reading Marmaduke comics ;_;

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle