What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

A 10 point scale wouldn't really change anything....

Your 3.5 would just be a 7, and 4 an 8.

2. intoTheRain

intoTheRain Regular

Thanks math wiz. Could still give them different scores and feel ok about it.

I would give Gravity a 7.5 and Wolf of Wall Street an 8.5..

3. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

Just saw Captain America..

..3/5..

Action was definitely good, like watching the Capt do his thing, and I liked the "no one to trust" story line, but it felt like I was watching a poorly acted espionage thriller with badass CGI.

Could've done without the falcon.. AND WHERE THE FUCK WAS TONY STARK!/!?!!? On vacation?!! Thor and hulk you can explain away, but Stark?! cmon.

4. intoTheRain

intoTheRain Regular

How I felt about the first, couldn't even finish it.

It's like Lord of the Rings.. I want to like it, but I just can't for some reason. Moreso with LotR.. I REALLY want to like those movies, but just can't take them seriously.

5. UrbanMasque

It would help if they didn't choose to employ the worst actors from across the HULU/CW trash TV universe.

We got shades of gossip girls, mistresses, how i met your mother, etc..

I liked how they tried the fast paced witty conversation associated with most espionage thrillers, but I think they failed at it. I could've watched cap fight more rather than sit through a lot of the conversation. Redford & Jackson def help - but if they do a Romanov movie, I dont think I'll watch it.

6. Green_Lantern

Staff Member

Falcon was the best part of Winter Soldier.

7. danielrbischoff

I liked Falcon, but I agree about the other thing. I thought there'd at least be another cameo, especially since Evans showed up as Cap in Thor 2, albeit briefly.

8. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Well, to be fair, the whole thing happens pretty fast, and when the Helicarriers are locking on to targets, Tony is one of them. So he was working at the time.

9. UrbanMasque

^didnt notice that they locked onto him. But his response during the air fight probably would have been immediate since the collateral damage was seemingly IMMENSE!

10. C_nate

C_nate Rookie

But in Thor 2 that was just Loki pretending to be him so it doesn't really count. I was discussing something similar when we watched Thor 2 actually. The biggest problem with all these characters sharing the same space is that then logically you would expect them to show up and help each other.

Like in Thor 2, basically the whole universe as we know it is in peril and at the end of the film the final showdown takes place where like half of the damn marvel superheros live and the only one who shows up is Thor?

Then I have to remind myself that I'm over thinking things again and just say fuck it.

11. Green_Lantern

Staff Member

Also, during the air fight, they did mention that he did not have a working suit

12. madster111

madster111 Rookie

"Hey cap, you think we should call up tony and get him to bring his 40 super death suits to help us out in saving millions of lives, almost certainly saving his own life in the process because the flying things are likely targeting him too? That guy who's roughly a 30 minute flight away and could blow these things up within 30 seconds?"

"Nahh, we got this."

Meanwhile, at Hulks house:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Optimus-Crime

Optimus-Crime Rookie

Caught Ace Venture: Pet Detective (the first one) on one of the premium channels.
    It's actually pretty great.

14. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Ace Ventura*

[​IMG]

15. Gunner37

Gunner37 Rookie

Didn't tony blow up all his suits and get rid of his chest piece in iron man 3 so he wouldn't have any suits during this movie?

16. madster111

madster111 Rookie

I choose to believe Iron Man 3 (better known as, Super Pepper Potts Variety Hour) didn't actually happen and everyone on earth is simply imagining it.

17. spartan317

spartan317 Rookie

This... This so very very bad...

18. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

I also saw the new Cap and you complainers are all on drugs, and not good ones. This was the best Marvel film since.... Since The Avengers. Ok that isn't saying much seeing how we've only had three movies from the Disney cinematic marvel franchise since then, but it was still a great flick. Nick Fury and Black Widow were completely fleshed out characters as opposed to Iron Man 2 where they were just there as filler to lead up to a better film.

And Cap is my least favorite out of the 4 heavy hitters in The Avengers so that's saying a lot.

Also during the credits while waiting for the Easter Egg I kept calling Black Widow Scarlet Witch by accident because the actress is Scarlet Johanson lol. Comic nerds behind me snickered... Fucking nerds...

19. Green_Lantern

Staff Member

Your Canadian-ness checks out.

20. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Haha it has nothing to do with patriotism. It's just... You know... Iron Man and Thor can fly, Hulk can leap 50 feet into the air and Captain America is all like........... "I'll take the stairs".