What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. danielrbischoff

Gravity

Wow.

2. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

3. Lien

Lien Rookie

...the jetpack? That's what the astronaut is complaining about? What about how in the trailer, you can hear an explosion IN FREAKIN' SPACE!

4. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

Seriously!

5. danielrbischoff

6. pres50

pres50 Rookie

The World's End

7. drathbone

drathbone Regular

Epic. It was...well, epic. One of the best animated movies I've seen in a while and looks amazing even on DVD.

8. NickKmet

NickKmet Rookie

Shit, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know this shit. Playing Kerbal Space Program is enough.

9. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

There are always these people. If an original totally authentic idea was to get passed through to a movie you'd have to fund it entirely yourself. Otherwise you're going to have to deal with input from Producers, Studios, being limited by the CGI, the vision of the director, the time needed to tell a story - so after all of that, people should look to movies as entertainment and not "Wow, thats the way space really is".

These debunk people are basically the kids in middle school who told you that Santa Clause wasn't real before you were ready to grasp that on your own.

10. Lien

Lien Rookie

...I think you guys are thinking WAY too much on the jetpack debunk article then the praise to the attention to detail they made for the film... as told by the same FREAKING astronaut who pointed out that flaw. It's the author of that article who is a douche and thinking way too much on this while ignoring the rest. Heck, reading the article again, the author is a guy who wants to prove to everyone that Arthur C. Clark is his best imaginary bed fellow and that everyone should agree with him and that Sandra bullock should of float down to die if Arthur C. was alive today so not to hurt his feeling. Seriously, that's pretty much what he said. Never mind that the book he co-wrote, 2001: a space odyssey, which was praise for its realism, had freakin' aliens and a renegade A.I on a murder rampage! No no no, you see, it's more realistic then Gravity because of the jetpacks!
    And speaking of Sandra bullock, she was personally trained by Cady Coleman, you know one of the few female astronauts in space today? No? She was there when the actual Hubble needed fixin' in 2009? The story that the movie is based on?

...Sigh... you guys just want to know more about how woman hair works in space instead, do y'all?

11. NickKmet

NickKmet Rookie

What? No. I couldn't give a shit less if the movie isn't a completely accurate portrayal of reality. It's a fucking movie. It's not supposed to. No movie even comes close to doing that. Doesn't mean I can't still enjoy the shit out of it.

12. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

Primer.

This movie was pretty cool. Very minimalist in its plot and really just focused on what you needed to see and hear and possibly rewatch in order to catch it all. The focus on time travel while still keeping character development important was well balanced too.

13. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

So our movie theater recently decided to start showing only 3 movies even though it have 5 screens...and of course they have been the most shitty movies currently out, so I haven't seen anything lately.

14. Green_Lantern

Staff Member

Gravity is the best movie I've seen since Django Unchained. Just unreal cinematography.

Also, I would have been fine with it if the movie ended right before the daydream.

15. danielrbischoff

I would have liked it better if the movie ended on George and Sandra flying off to discover new worlds.

16. drathbone

drathbone Regular

Yeah hiding the spoiler doesn't work on the notification mail tab when you first log in. Thanks for ruining it :p

17. Chris_Crime

Chris_Crime Rookie

Saw Gravity in 3D, as I expect most of you did as well. Also sprang for the Dbox seats which "floated" along in time with the characters making for a great added touch.

But honestly the last movie I've seen was Hangover 3. It was horrible! American Pie: Stiffler's Family Vacation horrible.

18. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Ha. This exact thing happened to me when I read GL's notification. I still want to see it.

19. Green_Lantern

Staff Member

I actually considered not whiting it out. It's not really a spoiler, but it kind of is.

20. drathbone

drathbone Regular

Can you aware me on this? Is it similar to "4d" shows at theme parks?

I've already forgotten about it so I'll be good lol