What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

Battle Royale...some things were great, some things were not. The manga was better.

2. Noritama

Noritama Rookie

Read the book. 1000000000000x times better than the manga.

3. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

Book? Does it have pictures?

4. Guan_Yu

Guan_Yu Rookie

And I missed this place. Game Revolution always ends up popping back into my life, no matter how long I may think I'm done with it. It's kind of like virtual herpes in that way. The best kind of virtual herpes. Thanks for putting my nonsense in your signature!

Fun fact: Battle Royale is Quentin Tarantino's favorite movie to have been made in the past 20 years.

5. Affen

Affen Rookie

Are you back to quiz us about our pooping habits again? :)

6. Guan_Yu

Guan_Yu Rookie

In time... in time. Study well and you might ace it!

7. Kiristo

Kiristo Rookie

Dark Shadows. Pretty good film, better than I expected.

8. GiftedMonkey

GiftedMonkey Rookie

Contraband
    [​IMG]

A solid action movie starring Mark Whalberg, Ben Foster, and Giovanni Ribisi. Good cast, and it offers an interesting look into the world of smuggling. It's a remake of an Icelandic movie (the star of the original actually directed). Far better than Safe House, the other R-rated action movie which came out around the same time that I got this one mixed up with.

9. NecroWolf

NecroWolf Regular

[​IMG]

Good, solid movie. Forest is an amazing actor and capable of a wide range of characters.

10. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

The Hit List.

Trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3MsVkfYwJg

Aside from being low-budget, which was hard to ignore at some points, it was a decent story. Kind of reminded me of Collateral, but with a different take on The Movitations of the Professional Hitman (Cuba Gooding)

3/5 - decent, would I recommend it.. umm maybe, but if there is something else you want to see I'd suggest that.

11. danielrbischoff

Samsara
    Pretty cool! Lots of amazing images.

12. Delorean88

Delorean88 Rookie

[​IMG]

Dredd 2012

Saw this yesterday, when the trailer first came out I thought it didn't look good and sure it's a lot like the Raid but in the end I really enjoyed it. Great action movie that doesn't take itself too seriously, a movie about a badass that actually has an interesting universe. Clearly this movie will probably be more enjoyable to for fans who've read the comics because I know nothing about 2000 AD and the movie kind of sets up the world of 2000 AD but not that much. I wish it did more only because I was interested by it and not because I felt like there was wasn't enough exposition. Good action, brutual and the slow-mo scenes looked so good I actually caught myself thinking "I wished I watched this in 3D." I hope they make more, the movie was good enough that now I'm interested in the universe and character of Judge Dredd and learn more of his story.

8.5/10

13. GiftedMonkey

GiftedMonkey Rookie

The Cabin in the Woods

[​IMG]

Best movie I've seen in a while, but the less you know about it the better. Required viewing for fans of the horror genre.

14. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Just rented that. My wife will never watch it with me but I'll try to see it in the next few days.

15. NickKmet

NickKmet Rookie

It's excellent.

16. Wes

Wes Rookie

Yes Cabin in the Woods was great.

Also I'd rather stick a toothpick in my eye than watch the Judge Dredd remake.

17. drathbone

drathbone Regular

Just saw Looper on Friday. It was pretty awesome. They did good job with the time travel/paradox theme, Joseph Gordan-Levitt played the part perfectly and who doesn't love ol' Bruce Willis? I would watch again.

18. malakian

malakian Rookie

So glad you saw Dredd, Delorean! It's totally flopped box office wise over there in the US, sadly. I really am sad about this as I'd have loved to see more by this team - they clearly 'get' the character and it's amazing to see what imo is by leagues the best comic book world/character ever done justice, and doing justice. I just hope it can recoup money elsewhere :(

Last movie I watched was Leon again with my gf. I saw it when i was little and couldnt remember it well. It's a pretty good action/romance flick. Despite the romance being paedophilia, technically. Gonna watch Kitano's Brother tonight.

Also...the cabin in the woods...Excellent? Really? :/

19. intoTheRain

intoTheRain Regular

lol cabin in the woods was good fun no doubt, but to say it's excellent is funny to me as well.

was just a bunch of random crap that made absolutely no sense. which of course is why it was fun. but i couldn't classify it as great, as to me it was just a director/writer having fun. not being serious at all.

picked up the avengers blu ray on saturday. hasn't seen it yet. as i prefer my television for most movies unless i just cant wait long enough and need to see it in theaters. definitely as good as people say. i was worried about Loki as the main villain, but he did a good job.

reference quality blu ray quality audio and visually as well.

4.7/5

20. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

[​IMG]

Go see this movie! WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE!