What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

Hey, gotta get that face time in! :p

I still need to pick this up on Blu-ray. Currently I am missing Iron Man 3, Thor, Thor: the Dark World, Age of Ultron, and both Ant-Man movies, in addition to Endgame. Have everything else. Oh, also missing Incredible Hulk, but despite it technically being part of the MCU, it was just an okay film and one of the most forgettable. Moreso with the actor change. Not planning on getting it, but would like to own everything else.

Paradox likes this.
  2. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

Had a good weekend of watching movies. First we rented Brightburn, basically a Superman Elseworlds comic showing what might happen if a young Clark Kent went bad when first discovering his powers. Names were changed to avoid the IP copyright infringements of course. It was pretty good, had some really gory bits that don't really do much for me, but I enjoyed the movie overall.

The next night we rented Alita: Battle Angel, which I had heard good things about. It was okay. The action sequences were really good, as were the special effects, and I felt they did a great job establishing the world. But the story seemed to just have the characters jump from scene to scene for the last third of the movie or so, just to get to a point they could wrap it up. Even then, it's set up for a sequel that may never come since I don't think it did well enough at the box office.

Then over the course of Sunday and Monday, we watched our new copy of Avengers: Endgame, which is still great, but you start seeing more plot absurdities the more you watch it. But I can forgive it any sin, due to the still hilarious (to me) "That is America's ass," line. :D

Paradox likes this.
  3. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

That line was gold.

I really need to see Brightburn.

Last weekend I watched Bohemian Rhapsody. I get really into Queen in the early nineties when Wayne’s World came out. I credit them and particularly Freddie Mercury for opening my eyes and mind when it came to respecting those of a different sexual orientation. The movie was amazing as well as the portrayal of Mercury and had me tearing up in a few spots. Great movie for sure.

4. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

Saw IT Chapter 2 yesterday. It was about 3 hours long, but it did not feel like it in any way. The entire cast put in amazing performances, kids and adults both. While the ending could have been a bit better in my opinion (very ironic, considering some statements in the film), it wasn't bad, and taken as a whole the movie was excellent.

Paradox likes this.
  5. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

Saw Joker last night. It was an interesting movie in that I recognize that it is a good film, the acting was superb, well directed, etc. But it is a film I have no interest in ever watching again. It had a rather slow build up, but did a great job of building tension, almost like you would expect from a good horror film. But I have the weird feeling of not being entertained by the film (insert Gladiator meme here). It's a juxtaposition that I am not really used to with movies. Either it's good and I enjoyed it, or it's bad and I didn't. Here, it's good, it really is, but I didn't really enjoy the film.

Make of that what you will.

Paradox likes this.
  6. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

Saw The Addams Family yesterday. It was cute, but nothing spectacular. Wednesday was the best part, IMO. Good for some light entertainment. They really nailed the original comic strip appearance though (I had not been aware that it started out as a comic until recently).

Master_Craig likes this.
  7. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

We watched Joker last week.

It was one of the best films I've seen in 2019 and certainly one of the most intense movies I have ever watched in my entire life.

Joker feels like a realistic, chilling re-telling of Gotham's Clown Prince of Crime, but similar to the Dark Knight, they portray it in such a way that you feel that something like this could actually happen in our reality. The movie feels like one massive build up towards the finale, almost like a slow burn toward an inevitable explosion.

Fantastic film.