What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Saw quite a few movies over the weekend.

On Netflix, we watched Cars 3 and Forrest Gump. Cars 3 was enjoyable, it starts off kinda slow but gets better as it goes along. Forrest Gump is one of my all time favourite movies.

We watched The Incredibles 2 at the cinema and I thought it was great, really enjoyable. There are a fair few scenes though involving intense, flashing black/white lights (part of the plot) but it's been reported to cause seizures to certain audiences. :/

2. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

Saw Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom last night. It's a good popcorn flick, good action, a number of things that just wouldn't work in the real world, but that's the fun of movies anyway. I do wish they had just stuck with the original trailer they had released and not shown the second one, as the plot line revealed in that one would have been quite the surprise otherwise. Still, overall a fun watch.

3. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is on my list of movies to watch. Hope to see it soon.

I wanted to see Solo: A Star Wars Story (despite the reception its receiving) but unfortunately, it looks like the cinema will be phasing it out soon, as the session times are becoming extremely limited, playing once per day or so and generally in the middle of the day.

4. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

Solo is really getting a raw deal. It was a very enjoyable movie.

5. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm here to say that I watched Tomb Raider and it sucked eternally. Would still watch the sequel though.

6. Master_Craig

Staff Member

[​IMG]

Ant-Man and the Wasp!

Loved this movie. It was a lot of fun to watch. It's got amazing humour, a great story, Scott (Ant-Man) and Hope (the Wasp) have amazing chemistry on-screen and the film is such a strong contrast to The Avengers: Infinity War. With Infinity War, the stakes are obviously incredibly high and most (if not all) of you know of the outcome, while Ant-Man and the Wasp... the stakes are technically a lot lower, it's not about saving the world or anything like that, but the objective for the characters must feel similar to that of saving the world. Hope that makes sense, but probably doesn't.

Anyway, go see it!

Bonzo likes this.
  7. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

I enjoyed it and laughed a lot. I liked that the good guys weren’t white hats and the bad guys weren’t black hats. Just a lot of in between people.

8. WickedLiquid13

Saw Infinity War for the first time.

You might be saying “jeez Wicked, where were you in a coma?”

Well you have some nerve pal! Also you’re right..... anywhoo, I loved it and can’t wait to see all my questions answered in Antman and The Wasp.

used44 likes this.
  9. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Bahaha

Master_Craig likes this.
  10. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

I saw Ant-Man and The Wasp last Friday, and have to agree with others: it's a lot of fun! Recommended!

11. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

It basically answers everything. They don’t even need Avengers 4.

12. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Coco!

I finally got around to seeing it, and man it fucking rules. Like, way more than I expected it to.

5/5 best movie of 2017.

13. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I watched Penny Arcade's "Automata" last night.

[​IMG]

I really liked Penny Arcade's short comic series of Automata, so when they announced a Kickstarter that they would be creating a live action series, I jumped on board. I received my Blu-Ray copy in the mail just yesterday.

It feels more like a movie, rather than a series. I say this because each "episode" is actually quite short and they don't have title sequences, just fade to black/in from black, so when you watch it all at once, it feels like a movie.

You can tell that it's not quite a Hollywood budget film, as the film raised just under five hundred grand, but in saying that, it's made by people who not only have extensive film making experience, but they obviously have a lot of heart and passion for their project.

The film is set in an alternate 1930's Prohibition-era of New York City, where highly sentient robots known as "automatons" exist. Construction of further automotans is outlawed, but those automatans who still exist are given basic human rights, living among humanity as social outcasts and victims of human prejudice. The story follows a former police detective, now private investigator, Sam Regal, and his automaton partner (also a former police officer), Carl, as the duo investigate the murder of a woman and a possibly framed automaton.

14. Bonzo

Bonzo Rookie

Army of Darkness
    Very funny and great old movie :)

15. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

The Death of Superman

Absolutely amazing that DC can still make perfect animated movies.
    10/10

16. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

It's funny how DC's animation films are pretty spectacular, whereas most of their live-action films leave a lot to be desired, while from what I've heard Marvel has the exact opposite problem. Can't verify the latter claim, as I have not seen any of the animated Marvel films, but I fully endorse the DC claim.

17. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I've heard the same thing.

Although lately, I found a few of the DC animated films disappointing, such as Teen Titans: The Judas Contract and Justice League: Dark. Everyone is saying great things about Death of Superman, so I look forward to that.

18. Bonzo

Bonzo Rookie

Watchmen 8/10

The only good DC movie about superheroes except Batman directed by Nolan.
    It's a completely different universe than the popular heroes of DC, but Watchmen is a very good and deep movie.

19. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

Watched the extended cut of Deadpool 2 last weekend. I think the theatrical version is better. Some of the lines have been changed up, sometimes for the better, sometimes not. Fight sequences, especially the beginning ones, were extended, but they changed up the music for them (possibly licensing issues?). Other music throughout was changed. Instead of showing Russel's experiences at the orphanage in flashback, they made full scenes of them which really threw off the pace of the beginning of the movie in my opinion. That said, there is some great material in there, but overall I'd have to say I prefer the theatrical release to the extended cut.

Maybe someone will take the two and make a "perfect cut", but of course perfection will vary from person to person.

Watched the first half of Avengers: Infinity War last night with my brother-in-law who hasn't seen it yet. We'll watch the rest tonight.

Bonzo likes this.
  20. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I also watched Deadpool 2 and Avengers: Infinity War again recently. I absolutely love those movies.

My partner and I are flying interstate tonight for a week to visit her family, as her older brother is getting married. I popped a bunch of movies on my iPad including:

- John Wick
    - John Wick: Chapter 2
    - Captain America: Civil War (AKA Avengers 2.5)
    - Logan
    - Deadpool 2
    - Zootopia