What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm hoping that instead of a big, LOTR battle scene that every movie needs to have where they square off against 500,000 faceless, identical enemies, they do more stuff like every Thanos scene in this movie. Because that stuff ruled.

Though good point about it being the original team.

2. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Didn't even notice it was the original team.

3. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

I do agree with this, as so far every Avengers film has had some kind of mass combat versus hundreds or thousands of faceless baddies. The group going against Thanos was much more interesting to watch, mostly just on Titan though. On Earth he just knocked everyone aside, though I did like how he seemed impressed with Cap holding him back, however briefly.

4. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I watched Logan again recently. Thought I'd be ready for the ending as I've seen the movie before, but evidently, I was not.

Still a Goddamn awesome movie.

5. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

I saw Deadpool 2 on Sunday.

I saw it again last night.

Go see Deadpool 2.

Seriously, it's hilarious, yet sad and heartwarming, with a touch of the disturbing, as is to be expected. Loved it.

6. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I've been pretty sick with a flu these last few days. This morning, I got up at a stupidly early hour (like 3 or 4 AM, I don't remember) and ended up watching Netflix, I watched the original Mad Max.

It... was boring. Maybe if I watched it at the time of its release, I would have better appreciated it, but since I've been spoiled by say, Mad Max: Fury Road, I found the original Mad Max kinda slow and messy to watch. It certainly has not aged well.

7. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

Saw Solo Friday night. I thought it was pretty good! I had been worried after all the production difficulties I had heard about. While I was originally dubious in regards to Ehrenreich, I think he managed to embody the character of Han Solo pretty well. Glover pretty much nailed Lando, and even sounded just like Billy Dee Williams here and there. Really, the whole cast did a good job.

It's not a very deep film, but it's not meant to be. It's just fun! I'd definitely see a sequel to this if one were made, and will be picking it up on Blu-ray when released.

8. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I've heard surprisingly good things about Solo, but I accidentally spoiled some parts of the film for myself.

My partner and I were both going to see Deadpool 2 on Sunday but I'm getting over this dumb flu, while she was getting over a stomach bug. We decided to just stay in for the night and warm up to DP2 by watching the first one on Blu-Ray. Hopefully we'll see the sequel, as well as Solo: A Star Wars Story sometime over the weekend.

9. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

It sounds like you were about the only person who actually saw Solo in theaters.

10. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

It made $103 million over the weekend (counting Monday), putting it solidly in first place in the box office for the weekend, so plenty of people went to see it, but there's no arguing that it performed well under Disney's estimates. That's their own fault, though. Considering the very divisive reactions to TLJ, there are a number of people who have pretty much sworn off of the new SW films. There were plenty of production difficulties around Solo, which can also turn off some people who will think the film is going to be crap because of them. Then you've got the stiff competition of their own Avengers film, and Deadpool 2.

Then you have the threat of SW fatigue. Just because it hasn't hit them over the Marvel films doesn't mean it can't happen with SW. A SW movie releasing used to be a big event, but with the way Disney is pumping them out now, it's losing some of that magic. Just because the films are pretty good doesn't mean a lot of people aren't viewing them as just an attempt at a cash grab.

11. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Forgot to mention, we watched Central Intelligence on Netflix the other night.

[​IMG]

It was alright. Nothing really to write to home about. Some funny moments, good chemistry between Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Kevin Hart. Like a lot of buddy-style comedies, the ending kinda sucks (always feels rushed in a "how do we end this comedy again?").

12. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Watched a few movies over the weekend.

[​IMG]

Finally saw Deadpool 2 and I absolutely loved it. I'm hearing from people that it's "as good" as the first one, while some of my friends reckon the first one is better. Personally, I prefer the second, but it might be because my partner and I watched the first one last weekend. It was great.

[​IMG]

Watched The Dark Knight on Netflix. Easily the best of the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy. As we all know, Heath Ledger easily stole the show as the Joker. Probably the best live action Batman film ever made to date.

[​IMG]

Also watched The Dark Knight Rises, which I reckon is the weakest of Nolan's trilogy. It's still an enjoyable film and a fitting end for Nolan's interpretation of the Batman, but there's so many little things that really stick out to me.

13. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

My wife rented Game Night, starring Jason Bateman and Rachel McAdams. Though I found many of their choices of games dubious in this day and age (though charades never really gets old), I enjoyed the film overall. It is one of those comedies that get more and more ludicrous as the film goes on, but it was silly enough to ignore and just enjoy the ride. I'd give it a 7/10, something worthwhile to have on in the background when doing other things, like gaming.

14. Master_Craig

Staff Member

[​IMG]

Watched Suicide Squad again the other night on Netflix.

It's... okay. It's fun in a dumb way, if that makes sense. I mean, it's better than Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, but that's unfortunately not saying much.

On a related note, it's been confirmed that Jared Leto is getting his own solo Joker movie. I thought Leto's interpretation of the Joker was an interesting take, but at the same time, giving him his own movie to be the Joker makes zero sense to me.

15. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Watched Zootopia again recently.

Probably the best of the Disney CGI movies.

16. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

Saw Ocean's 8 over the weekend. It was pretty good, falls in line pretty well with the other Ocean's films, though was probably only better than Ocean's Twelve. A couple of fun cameos from the other films showed up. A decent watch.

17. Master_Craig

Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Finally watched the 2017 version of "It", I thought it was brilliant. I have seen the original but honestly I barely remember it. Apparently, it hasn't aged well.

18. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

I saw Incredibles 2 yesterday. I can't honestly say if it was better than the original or not, but I can say with confidence that I laughed a lot harder and more often for the sequel. There's an especially good bit involving Jack Jack and a raccoon, that was probably the highlight of the film. It was just a very fun movie, and a recommended watch.

19. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

My wife and I enjoyed Game Night. Some very funny scenes and plot lines, even as the logic of the movie falls apart. Rachel McAdams is legit great in it. It's also shot in a really cool style, which is rare for a comedy.

20. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Quite a few movies out now (or coming soon ) that I want to see.
    • Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
    • The Incredibles 2
    • Solo: A Star Wars Story (still haven't seen it)
    • Ant Man and the Wasp
    Goddamn.