What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Watched Mad Max: Fury Road again.

My second favourite film of 2015. This is a movie that I never get bored of watching and while watching it, I never experience any boredom. It's just full on adrenaline from start to finish.

The Avengers: Infinity War is out next week. I'm unsure as to when exactly I'll get to see it, but I may have to avoid social media for a while... spoilers are everywhere.

2. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

Snape kills Dumbledore!

3. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

We watched Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle on Friday. It was actually pretty good! They definitely hit some good video game tropes, like NPC's that say the same thing over and over again. There were a few inconsistencies, but easy enough to discount. Jack Black was amazing in the role of a popular teenage girl, he just owned it! Definitely a fun watch.

4. Master_Craig

Staff Member

[​IMG]

5. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

I saw Ready Player One last night and really liked it! The CGI was well done, especially in areas where the avatars were walking around real world environments. The pop culture references were fun, seeing a wide variety of fictional characters represented throughout the film. Though I think Hasbro wasn't on board, as I don't remember seeing any Transformers or G.I. Joe characters. There were some plot holes here and there, but nothing that ruined my overall enjoyment. I've never read the book, but I might have to pick it up to see the inevitable differences. Definitely a fun watch!

6. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Avengers: Infinity War is out this week. I'm super keen, but at the same time nervous as crap for spoilers, and expectations (e.g. what if the film sucks?). I'm going to have to avoid social media until I see it.

7. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

I've got my tickets for Sunday morning. With luck I can avoid any spoilers until then.

8. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Joy

Not my choice of movies to watch, but I don't really get a choice. It was alright, definitely way too much drama and way too much of nothing happening and too many characters that had very little to do. Everyone was stupid, too, which was neat.
    Also Jennifer Lawrence looks like she's 12 and doesn't look like a mother of two, so that killed it for me.
    3/5

9. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

^^ i watched the first 15 - 20 mins of that and was so damn bored i turned it off.

Saw Seeking a friend for the end of the world. Quite an old-ish film but i liked it.
    Partly because i have a constant hardon for Kiera Knightley but thats another discussion.

10. Jason Faulkner

Jason Faulkner Senior Editor
    Staff Member

I just watched Please Stand By the other day. Critics panned it, but I don't know why. It's a feel good movie, but I think we need more of those these days. I also love Star Trek which was an added bonus.

11. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Will be seeing Infinity War tonight!

I'm really excited but also kinda nervous.

12. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I saw The Avengers: Infinity War last night.

I really enjoyed it and for the most part, it met and even exceeded some of my expectations. Most of my predictions were completely wrong. Marvel films are often quite light heart, but even though this film has its quirky style of humour, it's dark and intense.

13. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

This makes me want to see it more than anything else, honestly.
    Though I still haven't seen Thor Ragnarok or Black Panther.

14. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I'd recommend watching Thor: Ragnarok prior to Infinity War. Without spoiling anything, the conclusion of Ragnarok essentially kicks off Infinity War, so watching Ragnarok will give you a clear understanding as to what's happening and why.

As for Black Panther... I don't think it's completely necessary to watch beforehand but give it a go. Like Ragnarok, it'll help you understand a few more things, question less etc.

Without spoiling - Infinity War contains some elements that make it worthwhile for MCU fans.

15. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

Well the good news is I watched Thor Ragnarok.
    It was better than I expected. Still has a lot of issues, but not nearly as bad as the other Thor movies or Age of Ultron. Also not as good as Homecoming or GotG2, but oh well.
    3/5

16. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

I saw Infinity War on Sunday and it was a blast. I'm amazed that with so many characters, each one was given their own time to shine.

17. Colin_B

Colin_B Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I saw Infinity War on Friday and absolutely loved it. I'll be seeing it again this week.

18. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

Okay, I finally saw Marvel's most recent movie...
    Black Panther
    It was really good. Not amazing, and I doubt I'll see it again, but it was by far the best made Marvel movie other than the Guardians ones.

OH FUCK THERE'S A NEWER ONE GODDAMMIT
    AND ANOTHER THIS SUMMER?
    WHY?

19. Colin_B

Colin_B Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I feel as though you've never seen an MCU film that you thought was great or amazing. What is it about them you don't enjoy?

20. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

I mean, they're all basically the exact same movie with a different coat of paint. I like them well enough to watch them all, but they're all mostly forgettable. None of them have been particularly bad (except maybe Age of Ultron) but none are really what I would call amazing.