What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

The discount theater is getting Star Wars VII soon, so I'll be watching it too in a few days.

2. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

Can't wait for May the Fourth at work.

3. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Watched Captain America: Civil War last night. Absolutely loved it. My favourite Marvel movie, with Guardians of the Galaxy following closely behind it.

The fights were awesome, the special effects were great and the film had just the right amount of smartly written humour in it too. My only complaint is some of the fight scenes had very frantic camera work.

4.5 out of 5.

Also watched Catch Me If You Can when I got home. I love this movie too.

4. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

God, I'm probably going to have to avoid spoilers for Civil War for a week or so, as I don't think I'll be able to get to a theater before then.

5. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

The Fifth Wave

Dont watch it.

6. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Usually we make a spoiler thread for big movies. This thread is and always should remain spoiler free.

Anyway I saw The Jungle Book and Keanu. Jungle Book was awesome, Keanu was... ok.

7. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

Oh, I know. The rest of the internet, however, has no such courtesy. :)

8. Master_Craig

Staff Member

My partner and I are seeing Captain America: Civil War again this weekend. When we saw the movie last weekend, it was in 3D. My partner has difficulty with 3D due to her vision. So we're gonna see it again this coming weekend in 2D.

9. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

Just got out of a Civil War and also had my first Alamo Theater experience. I really enjoyed every minute of it and it had a lot of action. Like, I really think they had more fight scenes and use of powers in separate parts of the movie than most of the movies. Nice twist on the Civil War storyline.

4/5

10. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

Rented Ant-Man this weekend, as I wanted to be all caught up with the MCU before seeing Civil War. I really enjoyed it! Much more than I would have expected to from the trailers and all the issues it seemed to have during production.

Ants have not been so cute since Honey I Shrunk The Kids.

Very fun movie. Recommended.

11. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Ant-Man is a fun movie. It's one of those movies were I found nothing was "wrong" with it. Sure, it's got flaws and it's not perfect, but I was so entertained the whole time, never bored, so I never noticed said flaws.

12. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

Capt. America: Civil War - If I'm going to fight with friends, I want it to be like that.

13. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

Saw Civil War last night and I thought it was fantastic. Almost all the characters had time in the spotlight, clear motivations and development, and for those who didn't, they'd had some in their previous outings last year to make up for it. I enjoyed the villain and his motivations as well.

14. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Last night after judo training, I watched "This Is The End". Never seen it before.

It is pretty funny, in an immature and "what the hell am I watching?" kind of way. Despite all the celebrities, you can really tell it's a low budget film. "Low budget" for Hollywood standards, nowadays.

15. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

Took me a moment to remember which movie was "This Is The End" and yeah, I agree with that assessment. There's definitely some good humor to be had in the movie, but a lot of it is crude, lowbrow or just plain stupid.

I enjoyed it for what it was, but doubt I'd ever really want to see it again.

16. Doombell

Doombell Rookie

The last movie I watched was star wars - the force awakens... Watched it yesterday. I know I know... I should have watch it when it came out. But better late than never? :wink:

17. IceBubble

IceBubble Rookie

Finally I saw Taken 3. I didn't expect much but it was still a little disappointment. Liam Neeson was the reason I chose to watch the movie. Maybe he was the reason I didn't fall asleep during the movie... Jedi tricks.

18. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I bought Deadpool on Blu-Ray recently. When ever new movies come out to Blu-Ray, they're always quite cheap for the first few days, then suddenly their price doubles. Really enjoyed it, again.

Had a watch of the deleted scenes. I'm glad a lot of 'em were deleted.

19. Doombell

Doombell Rookie

I just watched Slumdog Millionaire again. I like very much the plot and the idea of the movie. I think there is something touching in this movie. But not as feminine way...NO. But as masculine way... YES!

20. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

Watched The Force Awakens Saturday evening, which was nice. Still a fun movie to watch.