What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. JamesGoblin

JamesGoblin Rookie

I saw "Once Upon a Time In the West" for the third (or was it fifth?) time. The music is getting better and better <3

It was actually an accident, my net stopped working for, like, 3 hours @3 AM, and I couldn't sleep...so I remembered couple old , classic movies a friend gave me in 2010 (!) to "educate myself" :)

2. JamesGoblin

JamesGoblin Rookie

3. StudioTan

StudioTan Regular

Watching another kind of Deadpool tonight:

[​IMG]

4. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Watched The Blind Side last night. Most of it anyway.

[​IMG]

I'm disappointing I didn't stay up to watch the whole thing, but I was exhausted and needed sleep. Watched most of the film and it was a beautiful movie.

5. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

I loved The Blind Side. Right up there with Radio and Remember the Titans as far as football drama movies go.

6. Master_Craig

Staff Member

[​IMG]

Watched The Hangover last night as it was randomly on TV. I like this movie, the rest of 'em just go downhill.

7. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

I saw Deadpool on the opening weekend and thought it was fantastic. I've only read a few comics of his, but the movie really reflected the comics perfectly. I plan to see it again sometime next month.

The marketing for the movie was ingenious, but potentially created too much hype that the movie really couldn't live up to. Thankfully I went in just expecting an enjoyable movie and not the greatest movie that has ever been made, so it met up with my expectations.

8. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

I watched The Voices this weekend, starring Ryan Reynolds as a troubled man who has delusions of his pets talking to him. It's a very dark comedy and while it has some hilarious moments, it either needed to be a little more serious or a little more zany to be really good. I give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

9. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

I've been gearing up for the new Harry Potter book this summer. We've been watching the movies with the boys and they love them. We're going to tackle the books after.

10. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Go with the Stephen Fry audio books! They're so good!

11. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

Tempting...

12. UnitedGamer

UnitedGamer Rookie

Solanin. A japanese slice of life movie based on a famous japanese manga. It was so heartbreaking </3. It's about a couple and their friends that has no real goals or direction in life. Getting stressed about it because of the uncertainty on what they can do to make their life interesting and to continue living for the future.

13. Master_Craig

Staff Member

My partner and I watched the first Addams Family movie last night. Still a classic.

14. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

Stephen Fry did some? I'm only aware of Jim Dale's, which are fantastic.

15. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

This weekend we tried to have a family viewing of "The Princess and the Frog". It was nice for a few minutes, the wife and I on the couch, the kids (ages 2 and 4) sitting between us actually watching the TV, a bowl of popcorn for us all to share.

Then our older kid (autistic and ADHD) started up his tablet and started playing a different movie (Mr. Peabody and Sherman) and before long had loaded up the Winnie the Pooh movie on another tablet.

Both kids started paying attention to other things and wandering off, but for just a few minutes it felt so wonderful and what I can only assume is "normal" for most families.

16. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Don't worry, man. Normal is boring. Normal makes you weak.

17. JamesGoblin

JamesGoblin Rookie

If I remember well, especially the beginning was hilarious <3

18. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

I've been taking my dad movie by movie through the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He's not the most knowledgeable on comics. I showed him the new Captain America: Civil War trailer earlier today. At the end he asked, "Is that Spider-Man? What's he doing there, isn't he from the DC Comics? Sometimes he has trouble keeping up with who's who and the plots, but he's enjoyed them all. The other day we finished up the MCU films with Ant-Man (a character he's never heard of), and he ended up liking it most of all the Marvel movies (with Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor: The Dark World being second and third). According to him, it was fun and easy to follow. He got excited when I told him a sequel is in the works and that Ant-Man will show up soon in Civil War.

19. Master_Craig

Staff Member

^ That sounds awesome, Paradox. Nice, man. I'm glad to hear your dad is enjoying those movies. I should do something similar with my dad, but he's more into old school war and western films.

I watched Disney's new Zootopia last night with my partner and our friends.

[​IMG]

I loved it. It was hilarious. Lots of clever writing and dialog, very witty humour. The story isn't the greatest, but the stuff that happens within the story is great. Highly recommend this movie, even if you aren't a fan of Disney's works.

20. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

10 Cloverfield Lane

I went into this movie expecting nothing, and I loved it. Every single aspect of it was perfectly done.

The sound in the movie was fantastic, the acting was all amazing, everything about it was exactly what I want from a drama/horror movie. Jon Goodman was perfect, and it had enough unexpected twists and turns to never get dull.

I never saw Cloverfield, and literally didn't read a single review, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

9.5/10