What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

I watched it a few days ago. I had never heard of the story behind the movie so it was nice to see a version of it but overall I think the movie could have been better.

They did an good job portraying the police and the shit they can get away with. The scene in which the producer at least tried to defend the artists from police harassment was heartening.

Dope Beats
    4/5

Oh and say Hello to the the police officer parked outside your movie theater.

2. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

How could they have improved it?

3. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

After reading wikis and articles about the true story I have been shown just how much they glossed over or changed. There was also issue of pacing in the movie for me. This is also one of those instances in which the trailer probably spoiled me and gave me some preconceived ideas about parts of the movie that did not turned out that way.

So I guess be a little more factually correct, Don't gloss over some of the smaller details that give the story more a defined character.

I'll leave it up to others if they wish to do more research into the history vs the movie.

TLDR: It was good.

(p.s. I love the movie easter eggs. Friday is being written in the movie. "Good bye Felicia" is also in the movie)

4. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I watched the live action Japanese film of Attack on TItan on Friday night.

To put it bluntly, it was incredibly terrible.

The movie had a lot of huge changes from the manga/anime and those changes were for the worst. The writing was horrible and a lot of it just came off as cliche', cheesy and very poor. I can't believe they thought the script was good enough to produce into a movie.

The movie ends on a cliff hanger, but it's essentially the first half of season 1 of the anime. The next movie will be out soon and is the second half of season 1 squeezed into an inevitably crap movie.

1.5 / 5.

5. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I just watched San Andreas.

I have two words: Alexandra Daddario....

GREAT FILM 5/5!!

6. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

I watched LOL the other night with this girl I'm kinda seeing. It stars Mylie Cyrus when she's right at the midway point between teen pop star and whore.

7. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Last night my girlfriend and I caught the 1989 film of Batman by Tim Burton.

It's funny how for its time, this film was one of the biggest things to redefine Batman (along with Frank Millar's comic work in the 80's). I loved this movie when I was a kid but when I watched it last night, I thought it was so cheesy and campy.

I love how obviously "fake" it is. Seeing it all in HD makes you see it all.

Still a great film to watch. Makes me want to watch Batman Returns.

8. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Just watched the Fault in our Stars.

Was a nice film, not amazing. It was a bit too into the realm of chick flick. Just one of those films that you'd describe as "nice"...nothing more nothing less. 3.5/5

9. Colin_B

Colin_B Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Her and her boobs were so hot in that movie.

10. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

:lloyd:

11. StudioTan

StudioTan Regular

[​IMG]

Best five bucks ever spent. The Burbs is probably my all-time favorite movie.

12. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

Watching the original Star Wars trilogy with the kids made me realize that we have spoiled the greatest spoiler ever for our children.

Star Wars: how's family and two droids screwed with the Galaxy.

13. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah but it's not like you're in your 50's. Everyone from our generation also didn't see Empire in theaters in 1980, but probably at home on VHS. I really can't recall how much I knew about Anakin's identity when I first saw the trilogy, but whatever did get spoiled for me didn't keep me from becoming a lifelong fan of Star Wars.

14. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Bridesmaids

There were no jokes in this movie. I heard it was funny, but fucking Pitch Perfect 2 was better than this.

15. StudioTan

StudioTan Regular

Is Disney planning to release the unaltered Star Wars original trilogy? I keep reading rumors but no solid answer.

16. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

I went and saw Black Mass with my dad today. It was nice to see Johnny Depp outside of a Tim Burton film and I feel like I learned some history. It was a good movie.

17. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Last night I went out with my girlfriend and our friends to watch the 60th anniversary of Disney's Lady and the Tramp, at our special outdoor cinema here. I haven't seen the film since I was a kid.

It was really nice. The film has aged very well in terms of animation and design, but it's amazing at how much the quality of music, audio/dialog recording and writing has changed over the years.

18. StudioTan

StudioTan Regular

And they really nailed it with their third installment, Pitch Black.

19. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Watched Maze Runner 2: Scorch Trials at the weekend. Was pretty good - give it a 4/5. First film was better though.

20. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Watched Mad Max: Fury Road again last night on Blu-Ray. My girlfriend hasn't seen it yet so she needed to be educated! :p

She really enjoyed it and I still love that movie. I love the scene where Max and Furiosa are driving their war rig while fighting off all those bikers. The orchestrated music is amazing!