What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. StudioTan

StudioTan Regular

That just solidifies his abilities as an actor. He also plays a pernicious character in Django; you hate his character but he sells it so well. I love DiCaprio.

2. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I neglected to post when I watched Song of the Sea

[​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsbjOKv4AOQ

Really amazing, adorable, interesting culturally (Scottish/Irish folklore), devastatingly emotional. If you cry easily, prepare for a few fastballs. 10 out of 10.

3. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Ant-Man

Honestly, I really liked it. Both Michael Douglas and Paul Rudd were amazing, and it deserves better than the tiny box office weekend it had.

One of the better Marvel movies for sure. It wasn't stupid, it wasn't ever too much, it was just right.

4. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete on Blu-Ray.

I bought it from the shops the other day on a complete whim, seeing it on sale for about ten bucks or something.

The original Advent Children was pretty confusing and a bit difficult to follow. The Complete version has extended scenes which fills in the blanks and helps further explain the story, which I really liked. The final fight between Cloud and Sephiroth has also been extended and is much bloodier.

I forgot how bad the English voice acting is (some characters are quite good, some not so much) and that the dubbing is pretty bad too. The graphics still hold up to this day and still look great, but some scenes are a bit hit and miss... some scenes and characters look amazing, some not quite so.

Better than the original.

5. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

I'm thinking I might have ditch a bit of a work day to get out to Ant Man.

6. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I'll be seeing Ant Man sometime next week.

7. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

I might see Ant-man when I go on vacation the end of the month.

8. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

Ant-Man.

I really enjoyed it. It felt like equal parts of hiest film, superhero flick, and comedy. Hands down, it was a really fun movie.

9. UghRochester

Deliverance
    What's so special about this movie? Was it the "Dueling Banjos"?

10. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Saw The Matrix: Reloaded on TV again the other night.

Still an enjoyable movie for the most part but man, the CGI (especially when Neo fights that army of Agent Smith's) has not aged well.

11. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

Went to the movies solo and caught: Pixels

Was pretty entertaining and predictable in the ridiculous Adam Sandler type of way. I had the pleasure of being in the theater with about 30 or so pre-teens and their parents which wasn't very fun until the movie started. Then it got a lot more fun, because all of the parts I thought were campy and absurd - the kids were busting a gut over.

Perfect movie for a date or to bring your kids (old enough to get some of the references - but not too old to be too cool to laugh).

I wish there were more arcade references and that they brought out more characters, but the graphics were sick - the Tetris cameos were cool and the actors were having fun. Entertaining flick.

3/5 - could easily be a 2 depending on how seriously you take movies.

12. Optimus-Crime

Optimus-Crime Rookie

[​IMG]

13. UrbanMasque

Ha. I go to the movies solo pretty frequently actually, and I enjoy it. . It doesn't bother me, but I often wonder if people look at me that way.. like, 'awww - I'll be your friend, guy' kind of look. Plus if someone walks into my theater with a kalashnikov I only have my own neck to save and to look out for.

Plus my friends aren't really into the movies I like.. I was kinda shocked that I had to go see Ex-Machina by myself because no one was really into it. kanyeshrug.jpg

14. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I see nothing wrong with going to the movies by yourself.

I mean, you go there to sit quietly and not look at the people around you anyway. So why not?

15. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I think it was just the choice of Pixels that's so sad.

I've never gone to the movies by myself, but I'm not against it.

16. UrbanMasque

[​IMG]

I wonder if people think Im fapping in the theater.

17. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Nothing wrong with going to the movies by yourself.

I've done it before, albeit a long time ago. The last time I went to the movies by myself was to see Batman: Begins for a second time. The first time I saw it with my brother. Second time? I just wanted to watch it again. :p

I've heard Pixels is horrible, but I'm willing to see it sometime. I'll be seeing Ant Man this Saturday.

18. UghRochester

I feel my opinion of the movie gets jeopardized if I go with a friend. I only go to the movies if it's for a film I want to see, because you know, money. I start a little week vacation next week and I'll probably see Ant-Man on Tuesday. It's half-price Tuesday at my local Cinemark.

When I go to a movie theater, it's traditional for me to get something at a restaurant afterwards. What time do you guys prefer to see movies? I actually prefer to see it around 3PM or so. That way when the movie is finished, I can and eat without the chance of any place being closed. There's a local tavern I want to get a burger from that are delicious and very filling.

19. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I prefer going to the movies with friends. I like watching movies with my girlfriend too. I don't really watch movies by myself anymore, in saying that though there's nothing wrong with doing so.

I usually like to go to the movies around 7 PM or so. I usually like to have an early dinner before a movie, whether it's at home or somewhere close by.

There used to be a lovely pasta place near our cinema but unfortunately it's closed down... so most of the time I'll have dinner at home, then I'll go to the movies. I also buy my tickets online, that way I don't have to wait very long at all in the line and can usually go straight in.

20. Anthony_LaBella

It's funny you mention seeing Ant-Man on Tuesday Ugh, that's exactly what I did last week with my brother. Just $5 a ticket - that's a price I can't really argue with.