What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

[​IMG]

Love and Mercy, a very intense biopic that presents the slow decline of the Beach Boys' Brian Wilson into depression, drugs and schizoaffective disorder and the controlling influence of his psychiatrist in the 80's. It was a really good movie but very tense. It was cool to see the creative process behind Pet Sounds.

2. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I watched Jurassic World last night. I really enjoyed it. For me personally it wasn't as thrilling as Mad Max: Fury Road but it was still a great movie and really worth seeing. Lots of action, lots of "oh shit" moments and great humour used at just the right time.

3. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

I enjoyed Jurassic World as well. It's basically a parallel telling of the original story but it was fun from start to finish.

4. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

I did not lIke Jurassic World. It felt more like one of its sequels than a fresh reboot of the classic film. The only good thing about it was Chris Pratt. I suppose if you just take it as a monster movie then you can enjoy it but it doesn't capture any of the magic, wonder or fear from Jurassic Park.

Now Mad Max on the other hand is a reboot done right.

I also finally saw Gone Girl on Netflix. One of those films I wanted to see for a long time but couldn't make the commitment for such a long movie. It was really good and incredibly fucked up.

5. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Just watched Jurassic World! Was great, but will never be like the original.

Also, there was one death...(spoilers ahead)

Where I felt the death was not deserved at all! And it was a very hard death for the person involved! The assistant who got picked up by a pteradon then brutally swallowed (with said pteradon) whole by the huge water dinosaur (forgive my dinosaur knowledge)...what the fuck did she do to deserve that?!
    I get that in Jurassic World people will get eaten, but that death just made me feel sick for some reason. Maybe because it was up close and she was constantly screaming (naturally). And of course, was completely innocent and didnt need connupence like some other characters.

I actually felt the death of Hoskins wasn't brutal enough too! A raptor killing fits, but dammit make it painful or something!

6. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Shame you didn't like Jurassic World, WickedLiquid, but that's fair enough. Despite its huge earnings at the box office, it's one of those movies where you'll simply like it, or won't like it.

Mad Max: Fury Road, I agree, that is an amazing film. My favourite so far of 2015.

Gone Girl is a great movie but I agree with you - it's incredibly fucked up. It's a movie I can probably only watch once to be honest.

I haven't seen any new movies as of late but there's two new CGI movies I wanna see... Inside Out (I think it's called) and The Secret Life of Pets.

7. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

2015 is shaping up pretty nicely for movies. I most recently saw Mad Max Fury Road and Ex Machina.

Fury Road was sick and all the characters we're supremely bad-ass. They did an great job of making Max a badass and then matching Furiousa to his badassness, but I think my favorite was Immortan Joe just because his voice was booming, his right was sick, and the way the other characters considered him a god was cool tool. "HE LOOKED AT ME". The whole "WITNESS ME" thing was sick too.. I'm confused about "where" in the timeline this movie falls - but it wasn't distracting.

I think Ex Machina is pretty awesome. I think this AI was pretty well thought out and will age pretty well when we look back on in in 15 years. If you like well thought out AI and hate when you think movies get it wrong - i'd be interested to hear your take on Ava (the AI).

Both 5/5's for different reasons.

Looking forward to see Dope soon - i hear that's really good too.

8. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Jurassic World

It was better than I expected, that's for sure. I really can't think of anything else to say about it. I also agree with MattAY.

It's basically a reboot of the original but as an action movie instead of a drama movie. Also, I hated everyone. But the action was good.

8/10

9. Anthony_LaBella

Fun fact: I very nearly passed out in the theater watching Gone Girl during that one scene. You know the one... I shudder just thinking about it.

10. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Watched Disney Pixar's "Inside Out" last night.

An absolutely beautiful movie that really kicks your feels in the balls (UrbanMasque and De-Ting, The Feels Bros would be proud). I got teary eyed in one particular scene. Movie has an amazing soundtrack.

Probably not going to watch this one again for a long time due to the feels. Five out of five.

11. Anthony_LaBella

Yeah, Inside Out was fantastic, though it felt slightly weird hearing a bunch of children cry in a large theater. Then again, that would have been me if I'd seen Up in theaters. The first 10 minutes of that film wreck me.

12. healerlove

healerlove Rookie

A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night!

It was Nostalgic because it reminds me of the movie Let the Right One In.

13. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Saw Terminator: Genisys and Jurassic World last night.

Terminator was pretty good. Definitely toned down, though.

Jurassic World wasn't bad either, but yeah, pretty much everyone was unlikeable. They also take a couple of plot lines and proceed to do absolutely nothing with them.

14. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Terminator: Genisys

...Eh. Better than shit.
    C+

15. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

T2 is honestly one of my favourite movies. It's one of those movies were if I happen to see it on TV, I must watch it, or at least the rest of it.

Still yet to see Terminator: Genisys, I wanted to but I've heard bad things about it.

16. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

We went and saw Terminator: Genisys today and despite the sometimes convoluted story, I enjoyed it. Much better than T3 and Salvation. They seem to be giving the Terminator franchise the ol' Star Trek style reboot (which is fine, I can still enjoy T1 and T2 just as much as before). I really got off on the recreation of scenes from the first Terminator (but still missed Bill Paxton).

I give it a thumbs up.
    [​IMG]

17. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Watched Batman: Under the Red Hood again on DVD, one of my favourite DC animated movies.

18. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

The Warriors
    What can I say, it was a great film.

19. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

I agree with Paradox on Terminator. I liked it a lot although the story was... what's the word... oh yeah, retarded. I think it's just been an awful summer for movies (with the exception of Mad Max and to a lesser extent The Avengers). I'll go easy on this one because I did think it was a lot of fun. It was definitely better than T4 which is a movie we shall never speak of again.

20. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I finally watched Wolf of Wall Street. It was funnier than I expected it to be. But fuck, I love all of Leo;s characters, but I couldn't like this one - he was just a bellend and that effected my experience! Jonah Hill as Donny was legendary though haha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHTmidDnaso

3.5/5