What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Hey Bruce Banner, just called to say Nick Fury died.

Sorry to hear that but I can't come by. Still waiting on my phase 2 movie bro. Waiting... Waiting...

Hulk sad.

2. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

They have arches to stop, turd skittle.

3. C_nate

C_nate Rookie

For all their other successes, Marvel sure does have a hard time making a good Hulk movie. Sad indeed.

4. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

I actually really enjoyed The Incredible Hulk. I dunno why it gets a lot of hate.

5. C_nate

C_nate Rookie

I didn't hate it, but I didn't think it was that great either, and when you hold it up next to other Marvel movies, it just doesn't reach the same levels of epic-ness of those other films.

Also, I felt the casting wasn't right. I think Eric Bana and Jennifer Connelly were much better in their respective roles than Ed Norton and Liv Tyler. Not to say Norton is a bad actor, but to me he did not fit that role.

And because it wasn't well received and all the drama with having to change actors, it killed a proper follow up film.

But considering the popularity of Mark Ruffalo in the role, and how the new Hulk looks way better than the previous versions, it is kind of curious that out of all these new films coming out that they wouldn't have a stand alone Hulk film. I guess the character is just not as popular to the general audience as the others?

6. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

I jus think they don't know what to do with him. They keep making it this Jekyll/Hyde stuff. Which is why I loved the Avengers take on it. Banner has a respect for the monster not a fear of him.

7. C_nate

C_nate Rookie

Yeah, I think that is part of the problem with the super hero movies in general is figuring out what to do with them. The heroes are so over the top in terms of power, that it can be difficult to make a compelling story without involving some kind of (sometimes contrived) weakness to add a sense of tension to the story.

I think their best bet for making a franchise out of the Hulk is with the World War Hulk story line, but that involves so many different characters that I think it would be pretty tough to do.

8. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Last movie I watched at the theater was "Gone Girl". It was really good! However, it is really messed up.

9. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

NightCrawler

5/5

Go see it.

[​IMG]
    This image sums up the amount of depravity you need to succeed in the US.

10. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Finally, got around to seeing it. It was much more action packed than the first one, but the first one had a better story. Don't know much about Marvel comics, but it was great to see this film.

11. C_nate

C_nate Rookie

Saw this on Netflix and had to watch because the timing is kinda funny considering what is going on now.

[​IMG]

It was ok. It briefly goes over the history of the industry and some game systems. It's done in documentary style with interviews from such notable gamers as wesley crusher. cliffy b, and turk and jd from scrubs.

It's part love letter, part PR spot and goes over a bunch of info and stats about the increase of gamers that you've probably heard about already and mentions the indie games as well as relationships forged from online games.

It's the type of thing you'd probably show to a family member who still says, "So what's the big deal about video games, anyway?" or if you just really really need validation about your hobby.

So yeah, not bad, not great.
    2.5/5

12. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

I watched that couple days ago on Netflix. I remember Daniel making an article about this and decided to see what it's about. I like history of video games and glad it details what bits meant, because I forgot what they meant.

13. GRColin

GRColin Rookie

[​IMG]

3 out of 5

Well...At least it wasn't Revenge of the Fallen or Dark of the Moon. That alone warrants 3 stars.

I feel like the Transformers films have such wasted potential and there is really nothing setting one film apart from the other in terms of conflict and story. Imagine a 2 hour 45 minute Transformers movie with just as much action but the Autobots or Decepticons actually evolving as characters through meaningful dialogue with one another instead of some random human character talking about their struggles among the backdrop a bunch of juvenile, cheesy comedic relief? Yeah. Maybe I'm asking too much out of a movie directed by Michael Bay based off a T.V show based off of a toy lineup. Maybe I'll get what I want now that Bay has left the franchise. Maybe.

14. mikesahi

mikesahi Rookie

spider man with my dad.

15. StudioTan

StudioTan Regular

Which one?

16. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Gone Girl

Solid thriller, got to see penis and boobs, all in all great movie.

2/5.

17. GRColin

GRColin Rookie

A great movie is 2 out of 5 to you? Damn.

18. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

Went and saw Big Hero 6 with the boys tonight...IN 3D!!! It made their weekend. Cheers to Disney for taking a thoroughly unpromising comic series and making a wonderful movie. There were some great laughs, great action and underneath it all, a decent story. 5/5.

[​IMG][/url]

19. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm a tough critic.

But in all honesty, that was an amazing movie. I didn't like it as much as my company because I could sort of guess everything that was happening, but it was never movie smart or movie dumb. That's a rare mix.

20. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

I went and saw Interstellar today. It was pretty cool. Definitely would say it edges out Gravity as the better drama/sci-fi flick.