What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. gamerevolution00

I just watch Nymph yesterday. The movie was great and thrilling. :D

2. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I saw the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the weekend.

Surprisingly, I actually really enjoyed it. I mean, I didn't care for a lot of the characters (April O'Neil (Megan Fox), that other guy (Will Arnett) etc), for me it was all about the turtles. Their personalities were really good and some of their lines were great. The action sequences were good too.

The storyline was pretty dumb but overall, it was a fun and enjoyable movie.

3. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

I liked it well enough when I took the boys to it. But I think I've outgrown the premise. Splinter suffered the most from the visual redesign. And for being an American rat who took it upon himself to learn Ninjitsu, he speaks an awful lot like an Asian immigrant.

Also Gob's sandwich.

4. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

Yes! I saw that too!

5. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

It was a fairly empty theater thirty or forty guys with their kids. Me and one other dad noticed it though. Awkward laughs.

6. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Baby Boom

I don't see why so many critics hated it. Aside from the romance at the end being too real and ordinary, the rest is a very heartwarming tale about choosing what's best in life.

7. Delorean88

Delorean88 Rookie

"I Know That Voice"

It's on Netflix, it's a documentary about voice actors and the business of voice acting. Heard about it from an episode of the Nerdist podcast that had John DiMaggio and Billy West (both appear in the film). Great movie, it was cool to see those responsible for so many things of my childhood and current state of entertainment thanks to video games. They really go into voice acting and explain the true complexity to it rather than the common thought that it's easy. Features Kevin Conroy, Maurice LaMarche (the Brian), Rob Paulsen (pinky), Hank Azaria, Mark Hamill, Nolan North, and many others.

Worth checking it

8. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

John Wick..
    [​IMG]
    4.5/5

Fun, stylish, not over done, and ruthless - and could be a perfect movie to bring the misses if shes into action. Great cast. I'm over action movies that give these long drawn out deaths and speeches and all that. None of that here. Some things may be a bit far fetched, but they keep it in the believable range. In short, he's the biggest badass i've seen in a movie in a long time. Professional, efficient, and scary as f***. He's not Javier Bardiem in No Country for Old Men, but he's more Leon from the Professional.

Keanu is or was pretty much the Russian's Ace hitman, so much so that his code name is The Boogeyman.

Dat first action sequence.,.. Someone go see it so I have someone here to talk to about it!

[​IMG]

Now I'd like to see Keanu Reeves and Denzel Washington do a Faceoff type movie.. I think the world is ready for that.

PS- there's a scene in there where one of the bad guys is playing a FPS... its Dust514 if you're wondering.

9. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

About time this thread got bumped,this time of year really sucks for movies, doesn't it?

[​IMG]

Fury

But thankfully this one didn't suck. Although I admit I am sick of WWII movies this one was probably the most daring and therefore most troubling to watch. Americans are usually painted up as heroes in WWII films, and rightfully so, because they fought a war that was easily justified. However in Fury we get a more honest look at the effects war has on soilders. The tank crew this film follows are all cold, cruel and pretty disturbed.

Jon Bernthal in particular is a huge dick (I still call him Shane from The Walking Dead). The biggest shock though is that Shia Labeouf is in this. Whoever marketed this film cleverly left out his name and I had no clue he was in it. But you know what, I gotta say I was impressed with his role. He may not have been perfect but he didn't suck which is a step up for him.

All in all I enjoyed it. It's gritty, it's bleak, it's depressing, but it was an interesting movie nonetheless.

10. StudioTan

StudioTan Regular

This sounds very interesting. I read they used a real Tiger tank instead of a prop, which hasn't been done since the 1946 film, "Theirs is the Glory" - Boy, Hollywood has been milking WWII films since a year after it ended! The tank is an early model 131, so it's not historically accurate for the 1945 setting of this movie. It's curious that they would not just use a prop, as many war movies tend to be as authentic as possible. I assume a prop would also have been cheaper.

Hilarious trivia about Labeouf:

11. intoTheRain

intoTheRain Regular

Lmao, Shia has gone past the I can't stand him stage to the point that he is almost beginning to grow on me. Dude is all kinds of crazy.

As for him not sucking in Fury, I've never really thought he was a bad actor. (Though certainly never thought he was great) Just a bad person.

Cannot wait to see Interstellar, despite less than stellar reviews thus far. Hehe.

Oh and Keanu Reeves being in a good movie.... Mind = blown.

12. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

[​IMG]

Matrix
    Devil's Advocate
    A Scanner Darkly
    Constantine
    Speed
    Point Break
    47 Ronin
    The Replacements

I really don't get people who say this...

13. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Errr. BILL & TED!!

His voice is a little off though. Even in the Matrix his voice is just not convincing.

14. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

A Scanner Darkly is still my favorite movie.

I have even been experimenting with increasing the films frame rate to 144fps. It is kind of cool to watch.
    Works great with anime to.

15. C_nate

C_nate Rookie

16. NickKmet

NickKmet Regular

Well he is a method actor. Not any more or less crazy than Daniel Day Lewis, who apparently scared one of his fellow cast members on There Will be Blood by staying in character at all times that they left the film.

17. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

Ronin was not great. But I like the rest of the list. He is definitely a product of the directing and the script.

And how can you hate a guy who did this.

18. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier which was really good. I heard it was a simpler heist movie which is kind of true, but it still had plenty of superhero action.

19. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

The Winter Solider was indeed awesome. Only problem I have with these solo films is that The Avengers are all buds now. So what's to stop Cap from calling in The Hulk to smash some Hydra?

20. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

They all got their own stuff going on