What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. intoTheRain

intoTheRain Regular

Boyhood

Perhaps I'm not enlightened enough to understand why this movie is one of, if not the best reviewed movies of all time. The idea of it is neat, the same cast, and it being shot over 12 years. But it's very hard to watch a movie with virtually no drama. Especially a 3 hour movie. There are so many scenes in this movie where you think the worst is about to happen, and then it doesn't. Which is fine I guess, I realize that isn't the point of this movie. Was just kind of funny once I realized nothing bad would ever happen.

It's literally a three hour movie of an average boy, with an average family life grow up from a child to a college student.

I could see myself loving this movie if I was 18 or so though.

7/10

2. Bremaine

Bremaine Rookie

Last movie I watched was part of Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier. I caught the middle to end of it, and man was it good. I need to watch the whole movie soon.

3. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

Caught the middle of it? The beginning of the movie straight through to the elevator scene is kinda the meat of it mang.

WHAT IS THIS SEEING PART OF A MOVIE BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSH!T?!
    [​IMG]

4. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

It's called being a father of 3, amirite Brett?

5. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

[​IMG]

Sin City 2.

T'was a very good time. I loved the first movie, it was so cool and surreal and artistic, like every screen shot was a page of ght out of the book. And the sequel is more of the same, which isn't a bad thing at all. Although there are moments it slows down yet there is no tension to keep the momentum flowing. For example in the first Sin City it slows down as Dwight is driving with a dead guy in shot gun, yet it was the creepiest part of the entire movie. That sort of tension is gone in this movie but it's still a bloody good time. If you loved the first check it out.

[​IMG]

Boyhood

Oh man, what an amazing movie. This movie took 12 years to film as it tells the story of a child who literally grows up and chronicles the tale like no other film has done before. Linklater is known for thinking out side the box and his ideas usually pay off. I'd say he has accomplished that once again in the form of a nostalgic trip though our memories of the new millennium.

[​IMG]

Frank

As witty as it is weird, as it is wonderful. This dramedy is funny and yet tells a heart felt story I didn't expect in such a quirky film. A film dealing with a man who has such severe anxiety he can't be seen without his mask sounds funny, but the story gets darker and darker while not forgetting to keep some laughs. If you like quirky movies I recommend it.

6. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Aliens

My favourite movie of the Aliens franchise. This is one of those movies where if I see it on TV, I have to watch it (kinda like Die Hard).

I love the 80's sci-fi movies, the whole... how is it, "low tech sci-fi" they got going on? It's awesome. Plus this movie has a lot of memorable lines, cool characters and is one of the best survival/people dropping like flies kinda movies around.

7. StudioTan

StudioTan Regular

Me too. I've always seen it as a "in the not too distant future" kinda sci-fi thing. It makes the setting more plausible, in my opinion. I LOVE the Aliens franchise. I'm more a fan of the original, but that is just my taste for long, drawn out suspense. How do you like Prometheus? It received a lot of criticism, but I thoroughly enjoyed that movie. I can't wait for the next one. I like movies (and games for that matter) that let you draw your own conclusions and kind of leaves you with a lot of questions.

8. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I actually haven't seen Prometheus yet! That's a movie I need to tick off the bucket list.

The first Alien movie is quite good. I guess the reason I like Aliens so much is because of how action packed it is and how intense it gets. Plus Ripley really becomes a bad ass by the end of it.

9. intoTheRain

intoTheRain Regular

I absolutely loved Prometheus. Will never understand the hate it received. Cannot wait for the sequel if it ever happens.

The only thing I didn't like about the movie was the penis snake. Gave me the heebie jeebies.

10. NickKmet

NickKmet Regular

Apparently he recorded thousands of versions of him saying "I am Groot" in every language the film was released in. So, I think he earned his paycheck.

11. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

Really? I guess I can feel the emotion he brings to each line..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsCJ0JH_XrU

And I'm sure he needed to wear the stilts too.
    [​IMG]

12. NickKmet

NickKmet Regular

Gotta get into that character, yo.

13. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

[​IMG]

Saw it in theater tonight. Still one of the best films of all time. So many awesome quotes to be pulled from this film, but Ernie Hudson's "Oh SHIT!" is easily one of the top ones. Rick F'n Moranis is great as always. And I forgot just how hot Sigourney Weaver was in that shiny red number she wore. Seeing those sexy legs on the big screen got my proton pack all charged. Ghostbusters, I love you.

14. gamerevolution00

I just done watching Godzilla, and The Chef. These two movies are really good.

15. Lien

Lien Rookie

I love, love, LOVE the chef!

But i hated that yellow face scene... Weird when you consider that Jean Reno and his relationship with japan and he even stared in Wasabi back in 2001. An action comedy that showed Japanese people as something else then stereotypes...

Still, if your local independent theater has it, do watch it. It shows Paris the way i always picture it and it's pretty funny film!

16. GRColin

GRColin Rookie

I just got back from seeing this as well. Well, not just. Maybe a couple of hours ago.

5 out of 5!

I've always loved that movie and it's quality isn't diminished at all no matter how many times I view it.

17. C_nate

C_nate Rookie

Just picked up Captain America: Winter Soldier on blu-ray. I wound up enjoying the movie quite a bit.

They managed to finally make him look good and badass in the action scenes and the whole spy, cloak n dagger, espionage plot kept me interested and engaged the whole way through.

All in all, a huge improvement over the first film.

4/5

18. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

^^^Agreed. I picked it up last night for a rewatch. Still awesome.

19. Lien

Lien Rookie

...wait people HATED the first captain America film? D:

20. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

I didn't hate the first film, I thought it was awesome. Winter Soldier is just more awesome-er.