What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. GRColin

GRColin Rookie

[​IMG]
    4.5 out of 5

It was pretty amazing. Not just for an animated film but for a feature film. I got choked up at least once.

2. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and say How to Train Your Dragon 2 is a better overall movie than the first one.

Only the soundtrack was lacking compared to the first.

3. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I saw the advanced screening of 22 Jump Street last night.

I loved the first one. I thought it was hilarious and the second one was certainly no disappointment. The second one was really funny and while I'm not really a Channing Tatum fan, he's absolutely perfectly suited for this movie. He and Jonah Hill really work well together.

I might be seeing How To Train Your Dragon 2 next weekend, we'll see.

4. Gunner37

Gunner37 Rookie

Saw How To Train Your Dragon 2 during the weekend and i definitely thought it was better than the first one. it was a good movie with some funny parts thrown into the mix/ Definitely would see it again

Overall 4.5/5

5. danielrbischoff

Edge of Tomorrow.

Easily one of the best video game movies I've ever seen *not based on a video game. It even had a water level! Emily Blunt was great as the "full metal bitch" but she and Tom Cruise played well off of each other and overall it was a really entertaining summer movie that I could have hated. There's even a fucking training montage which is great.

I'd give it a 7 or an 8.

I'm curious about seeing How to Train Your Dragon 2 because I liked the first one, but you'll have a hard time convincing me. I'll wait and see what Craig says

6. Green_Lantern

Staff Member

I already said it was better than the first...should be all you need to know.

7. Gunner37

Gunner37 Rookie

Yep this

8. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

Over the last few days I've watched:

Fast and Furious 6 - apparently that runway spans all of Europe, but holy shit what a credits teaser. Good film.

Sinister - I'm guessing they can only afford 5 watt light bulbs in that house, damn it was dark. The director better not do Doctor Strange the same way. Not a bad film.

Ender's Game - The whole movie was building to a climax, but the way it happened, I didn't realize it until it was past. The rest of the film was kid does something unorthodox, Harrison Ford swoons. An ok film.

GI Joe: Retaliation - So only like, four or five actors from the first film return for this one? It was passable, but glad I waited until it came to Netflix.

World War Z - I liked it, but spent most of the film feeling like this was a prequel to 28 Days Later.

Red 2 - Just like the first one, I had a good time with this movie. Plus I'll watch John Malkovich in anything he can crazy up.

Anchorman - First 45 minutes to an hour was good, but then the recycled jokes, forced comedy and bizarreness for the sake of being bizarre started making me wince. It's like it took a detour from an Anchorman film into the neighborhood of Scary Movie and it's brethren. Glad it was just a free Redbox rental. I'll stick with the first film.

I've also rewatched The Avengers this week (mainly because I had the PA override Shoot to Thrill scene struck in my head) and South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut. I love that movie.

Tomorrow, I'll probably rewatch Little Shop of Horrors because Rick F'n Moranis.

9. Master_Craig

Staff Member

My girlfriend and I saw How to Train Your Dragon 2 last night and we both loved it. We've seen the first one which we both really enjoyed but the second one I thought was amazing. I'm going to steal a few quotes from people here, but...

Completely agree.

I disagree in regards to the soundtrack as I thought it was amazing, but still.

I got choked up a few times too. This is going to sound super lame but for some reason when ever I watch epic movies like this, I always get choked up in happiness. I'm really weird. But yes, agree with Lethean completely.

Daniel, go see this movie. It's incredibly good.

10. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Saw Godzilla last night. I liked it. Godzilla itself looked a bit dumb, it reminded me of a version from the 1950's or something. Which may have been what they were going for - but really, just looked kind of silly.

And it did get a bit ridiculous towards the end. Godzilla fistbumping something wasnt far off.

11. MasterRabbi

MasterRabbi Rookie

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

This was playing at our park's summer movie night, and this movie still holds up 26 years later. I forgot that the Judge was Christopher Lloyd, or maybe just didn't connect them as a child.

12. Master_Craig

Staff Member

^ I LOVE Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

13. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

We watched Fast and Furious 6 last night. It was fine. Not quite as fun as 5, but still moving the franchise in that zany heisty direction, which is perfect.

This may sound a bit boorish, but my main takeaway was just how gorgeous Gal Gadot is. She was distractingly pretty. It's a shame she didn't have more chances to kick ass. Very underutilized, as was the Asian dude she shared most scenes with (I can't recall a single character's name so no offence).

14. Guan_Yu

Guan_Yu Rookie

The last movie I watched was Man of Steel. It was alright. I thought it was going to suck but most of the complaints I heard were about how the battles would have killed a ton of innocent bystanders. What do they think would happen in a scenario where Superman fights a whole squad of Kryptonians? Anyway the story was kind of crappy but the fight scenes were pretty good and that's all I wanted out of a Superman movie. Also Keven Costner's death was probably the stupidest thing I have seen in a movie in a long time. I give it 7 lukewarm rolls of biscuit dough.

15. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

Spaceballs for the first time. I enjoy Mel Brooks work, specially Robin Hood Men in Tights. This wasn't his greatest film. I felt the best part of the film was this scene.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrxlbLVcpqI

16. Green_Lantern

Staff Member

Had to look her up. Not disappointed.

[​IMG]

17. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I liked Spaceballs more when I was younger and it seemed more brilliant.

To date Blazing Saddles is my all time favorite of his. Though it has the five minute long Lili von Shtupp scene that slows everything down.

18. StudioTan

StudioTan Regular

Aww, but that's such a great scene! Brooks always had a taste for vaudeville comedy. Scenes like her jaded performance are found all throughout his films; so many memorable ones too. It's practically a staple of his.

like Springtime for Germany:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmYIo7bcUw

"I was born in Dusseldorf and that is why they call me Rolf!" - always cracks me up.

The Spanish Inquisition:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZegQYgygdw

and Jews in Space:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAZhtT-dUyo

It's tough to name a favorite Mel Brooks movie. Young Frankenstein is one of my favs. That and 'Dracula: Dead and Loving It! I guess my favorite would be whatever I'm currently watching. Speaking of, I just watched "What about Bob?" on Netlix:

[​IMG]

Bill Murray plays a borderline loon who just found a new therapist. (Richard Dreyfus)

19. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

22 Jump Street is by far the best comedy of the year so far. Miles above crap like Neighbours and A Million Ways to Die in the West.

20. Master_Craig

Staff Member

22 Jump Street was so awesome. I love how it doesn't take itself seriously at all and it just makes fun of itself the whole time.