What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by GRColin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

He was a boss fight.

2. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Ok now someone with a real answer.

3. Gunner37

Gunner37 Rookie

that is probably the best answer its a movie that wants to show that there are still people who are normal that can fight alongside Cap for a bit or just hollywood trying to make something out of nothing

Now for a legitimate answer if i remember right they said he was one of the best mercenaries available due to being kicked out of spec ops or something I'm not exactly sure i saw it opening weekend don't remember much from it.

4. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Oh you guys. This isn't Scott Pilgrim VS The World.

I googled it, which is what I should've done but I thought you guys knew your shit. OHHHHHH

http://movies.stackexchange.com/questio ... trangeness

<3

5. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

^ It all makes sense now!

I had no idea who the hell that guy was or why he was doing very well against Cap, considering Cap had pretty much incapacitated nearly the entire mercenary crew by himself, then out of nowhere this guy is going toe to toe with Cap and was doing relatively well. All I know is that mercenary was played by UFC Fighter George St. Pierre.

But yeah... I do agree that "Batroc the Leaper" as he's known was certainly indeed a boss fight... oh no, I need to get that footage and make a Scott Pilgrim inspired video of that.

6. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

I don't have a problem with the term "Boss fight" in a comic book movie. It just has to make sense and not some generic bad guy who is only there for an excuse to show a fight scene. Good to know he's an actual character thrown in for fan service.

7. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Yeah, I thought that mercenary leader was going to be revealed to be "super" somehow... I dunno, I was expecting him to be a cyborg or something.

I was very confused not knowing who he was, but I'm glad that guy was actually a villain from Captain America and Marvel lore.

8. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

Batroc is a human peak villain but usually totally laughable in most appearances.

9. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

If you guys had paid attention in the comic news thread, you would've heard about the casting of Batroc the Leaper. I was personally disappointed that he didn't have a bigger role simply because it's fucking Batroc the Leaper.

Also, the guy who gets all fucked up at the end? He's Crossbones, the guy who kills Captain America.

10. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

He's got a cool history. I'll give him that.

And I knew about Grillo's character. I liked that Arnim's character looked similar to his comic look.

11. MasterRabbi

MasterRabbi Rookie

Railway Man (2013)

[​IMG]

Astounding. Based on a true story, this movie brings all the impact and horrors war and more importantly dealing with the aftermath with strong characters, acting, and plot. I felt Nichole Kidman's acting was the only negative part of the movie, but I am biased against her and my friend was less bothered, so take that as you will. I would not be surprised if Colin Firth is nominated for an Oscar again (won for King's Speech in 2011)

5/5

12. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

In a World...

Written by, directed by, and starring the beautiful Lake Bell. She's a voice-over artist vying to land a big Don laFontaine-style movie trailer – competing against her dad and another man. A pretty straight-forward indie comedy. I wasn't exactly laughing out loud the whole time, but it is certainly more traditionally jokey than some mumblecore movie. The characters feel very real too, not too quirky like you would expect from an indie comedy. The B plot with Rob Corddry and Michaela Watkins was surprisingly emotional, considering it's from a first-time writer/director. It was probably due to really great acting performances from those two. I was cryin' I was laughin'

See it. 3.5/5

13. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I'm seeing "Bad Neighbours" tonight. I'll post over again over the weekend to let you guys know how it is.

14. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Again, that's just called "Neighbors" here. Quit changing our movie titles, you weirdos.

15. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I don't get it either man! I have no idea.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

then

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise of Electro.

wtf Australia

16. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Hey Craig, what did you think of Gravity: The Debris That Couldn't Slow Down?

17. Master_Craig

Staff Member

The greatest title EVER.

18. HunterFire11

HunterFire11 Rookie

Spider-man 2 was really good. I still cant decide which was better, the first one or this one?

19. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I saw Bad Neighbours last night (or Neighbours as it's called overseas) and it's hilarious. I really enjoyed it. Zac Efron or whatever his name is was surprisingly really funny. My friends and I all really enjoyed it.

Found out it's called "Bad Neighbours" in Australia because here in Australia we've got a TV show (a drama) called "Neighbours" that is hugely popular yet really shouldn't be.

20. intoTheRain

intoTheRain Regular

dunno why "surprisingly".

people have this odd thing against him, when he never ever really did anything wrong. he has always been cool shit.

hes gonna break out big shortly i think.

I just watched the way way back

honestly my favorite movie I've seen in years, absolutely loved it. so did the girlfriend. havent watched a movie in so long that made me actually sad when it ended, because i missed the cast, the setting, etc.

sam rockwell was awesome, as usual. love steve carrell, as usual, even though he played a dick.

whole cast was great, loved the little crooked eye kid too. was just a flawless movie IMO.. best coming of age movie i've ever seen, even, dare i say it, better than the sand lot.

and the sand lot is one of my favorite movies of all time.

ok maybe not better, but right on par. wish they made more movies like this these days.

5/5