What is the Best Sonic the Hedgehog Game?

What is the best Sonic game?

• Sonic 2

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Sonic & Knuckles

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Sonic CD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sonic Adventure

• Sonic Adventure 2

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Sonic Mania

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Sonic Colors

• Sonic Generations

• Sonic the Hedgehog

• Other (Specify Below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul Tamburro

Executive Editor
Staff member
Now that Sonic Forces is out, it's time to reflect on our favorite Sonic games in the series. Vote in our poll, and let us know the reasoning behind your decisions below!

Probably Sonic Adventure 2.
I loved Sonic 2 as well, but SA2 I played when I was a teenager and had far too much time on my hands! That game sticks with me the most.

Determining the best Sonic the Hedgehog game can be subjective as it often depends on individual preferences and the aspects of gaming that one values most. However, "Sonic the Hedgehog 2" is frequently cited as one of the best in the series. Released in 1992 for the Sega Genesis, it built upon the success of the original game with improved graphics, faster gameplay, and the introduction of Sonic's sidekick, Tails. The game is renowned for its innovative level design, memorable music, and the introduction of the Spin Dash move, which became a staple in later Sonic games. Its critical and commercial success, along with its lasting influence on the platforming genre, often places it at the top of lists ranking the Sonic games.

Determining the best Sonic the Hedgehog game can be subjective as it often depends on individual preferences and the aspects of gaming that one values most. However, "Sonic the Hedgehog 2" is frequently cited as one of the best in the series. Released in 1992 for the Sega Genesis, it built upon the success of the original game with improved graphics, faster gameplay, and the introduction of Sonic's sidekick, Tails. The game is renowned for its innovative level design Prix des Menus, memorable music, and the introduction of the Spin Dash move, which became a staple in later Sonic games. Its critical and commercial success, along with its lasting influence on the platforming genre, often places it at the top of lists ranking the Sonic games.
Sonic 3 and Knuckles is my choice. Feels like one long, sprawling adventure. Really enjoy the levels and absolutely adore the music. I know the series is all about going fast and while I do love that, I don't like too much of it. I like the platforming in this game that's broken up by periods of cinematic runs leading into boss battles or other parts of a stage. Also hyper emeralds.

Now that Sonic Forces is out, it's time to reflect on our favorite Sonic games in the series. Vote in our poll, and let us know the reasoning behind your decisions below!
Such a tough choice! Personally, Sonic Adventure 2 holds a special place for its iconic moments and engaging gameplay. Can't resist the nostalgia!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod