What have you learned in 2010?

Mod-Chip

Rookie
In keeping with the tone of the new year's resolutions topic, where people attempt to improve their upcoming year by keeping faithful to some goal or ideal, I think it's also important to reflect back on the previous year and figure out something that you have learned. This could be anything from advice to a realization, but in essence it's something you think is valuable and believe others should know about.

For me, 2010 taught me that open relationships are myths. I wrongly believed that they could work as long as both individuals are cognizant of the surrounding jealousy issues and understood sex outside of the relationship as carrying forth no emotions, therefore incapable of deteriorating the original love. Boy was I wrong. I suppose that getting into an open relationship is already symptomatic of something wrong with the relationship, therefore any attempts to maintain the original connection while sleeping around with other people is paradoxical (for me anyways) because the love was originally built in a monogamous setting. So yeah, don't think you can have your cake and eat it too. Because you can't, and you end up dearly paying for it.

That and, if you have the possibility to travel (and I'm not talking about going on a cliched tour package bs trip), to really travel, do it. Seriously. It doesn't even have to be another country; visit another city, go down hiking trails, roam the countryside. The people you'll meet and (ostensibly) the things you will learn are going to far outweigh the comforts of a mediocre job and a close-knit group of friends.

Your turn!

BBK

The worst thing I learnt in 2010 was that you should always make sure your parents have their wills in order.

The best thing was that people are actually really amazing sometimes.

lol mod chip got hurt.

Take everything with a grain of salt. Research it and then question it. Question EVERYTHING. Not in the smart ass way, but genuinely look into it AND THEN make up your own mind about it.

You know how Europeans, especially the British, complain about America so much? This year, I learned that England is pretty much exactly the same. This was my best year for travel, as I went to many countries I never had been to before (and planned to go to several others, but the trips got postponed a year due to complicated family issues.)

I also learned that my sister is a pot dealer in Oakland/Berkeley. So that's cool.

I also learned that the San Francisco Giants are WORLD CHAMPIONS BABY! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, I'm not sure about 2010 but I can tell you what I learned in 2011! After watching Ugh;s youtube videos for the first time, I learned that that man should never be near a video camera ever again and the day my daughter is born, I'm keeping her hidden until the day Ugh dies.

I learnt to never, ever let other people work on your car, and never trust anyone else driving on the road.

The amount of things i've seen come into my work with serious problems or idiocy that could potentially kill other people on the road is genuinely horrifying. I never trust any other car on the road these days.

That is gonna be one hot lookin' daughter Colin. Seriously, all the industries that require good looks will be knocking on the door - more so than they already do for you and Rosa!

I learnt....well....I never really learn anything NEW. I learnt that Eyeshield 21 is awesome.
Actually I did ski for the first time in April. I learnt it was massively fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod