What did you guys think of Prey's ending? *spoilers*

-FCM-

Rookie
After renting and completing the game, I thought the best part of the game, along with the design of the Sphere, was the story. The story may have been formulaic, but it was at least interesting and could be worse, with the death of Jen by your own hand taking the place of a "k, got you, let's get out of here" scenario. Then the game completely ripped you inside out and totally changed the entire game by revealing the reason why the aliens were there.

I really don't think they could have done any more with so traditional and cliche a type of shooter and so cliche a setting. Interesting innovations for gameplay and a wonderful direction taken with a storyline they could have easily just ended with "Tommy beats them and saves Jen, the end." It seemed especially brilliant when you think about how in the beginning of the game you were hanging out in a bar, listening to Judas priest, and in the end you're fighting something way worse than any alien you could possibly imagine to encounter during the game on a big floating rock.

I also appreciated the realism of the game. I dunno if it's just me that appreciates this kind of stuff, but the amount of swearing was very fitting and...well, it's what I'd do were I in that situation. Also, they probably spent a nice amount of money licensing all those jukebox songs just to fill that little spot in the beginning and a little comical cameo early in the game. Such trivial details of Earth, a planet absorbed by the huge expansive story, become completely insignificant in the mass revelations that end the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod