Ways gaming has altered your cognitions

Ted Wolff

Rookie
Whenever I hear fire sirens going off like an air raid I immediately think Silent Hill and begin to cower and prepare for the coming darkness ):

Whenever I look at a park bench, I think two things:

"Hm, that could be part of a killer line!" (THPS)
"Hm, I could use that for cover!" (Pretty much any FPS)

Silent_Player said:
Whenever I hear fire sirens going off like an air raid I immediately think Silent Hill and begin to cower and prepare for the coming darkness ):

yeah me too.

after gta 3 came out i always envisioned firing a rocket launcher at the small planes that constantly fly above where i live whenever i saw one.

Whenever I see three Japanese cheerleaders dressed in black school uniforms holding microphones, I think of carpel tunnel.

Ah man, this happens way too much to me. Whenever I'm on a blacony or some other higher up place and see someone walking beneath me, I always think to myself "Man, this is an easy headshot". Actually, pretty much everywhere I go I think to myself that "this place could be a good map", or like Tyrranis said, "hey this could be some good cover."

Sometimes when I'm walking by a tall building or some construction I think to myself, "I wonder where a sniper could be hiding" or "this is a good place for a sniper to take out a bunch of unsuspecting people". Then I think how people might think I was crazy and so I start thinking about puppies.

grandmagoodtimes said:
Sometimes when I'm walking by a tall building or some construction I think to myself, "I wonder where a sniper could be hiding" or "this is a good place for a sniper to take out a bunch of unsuspecting people". Then I think how people might think I was crazy and so I start thinking about puppies.

Same for me.

whenever i see a really cool place, like a set of ruins or something i think "this could be an awesome place for an RPG level" or similar

Silent_Player said:

Same. one of beyonce's newer singles used the air raid siren and I freaked cause it was the onlything that came through the wall. My eyes bugged out and I darted for a flashlight.

Whenever I see a car, or any form of transportation in front of me with the driver in it, I immediately imagine myself jacking their vehicle, punching the person in the mouth, them saying something stupid like "Hey I need that!" and then driving off into the sunset, just like GTA.

Or I picture me comandeering the vehicle Halo style, boot kicking their ass out of the seat, which would be especially effective to anyone on a motorcycle, and gunning it to the covenent base.

But nothing beats nightime, where I can't help crouch running like Snake through people's backyards, pretending I'm using my codec.

whenever I walk down the street and someone pulls up in a ferrari , I feel like running to the drivers side - pulling him out, stealing the car - and going to pick up a hooker.

everytime i see an uppercut of some form, i have the urge to shout SHORYUKEN!!!!! then theres the hijacking one thats been mentioned, heres one, i was playing in a game that was really lagging in gears of war, after 20 minutes of playing i n that game, i had to do something else, it felt like everything was lagging in real life o_O

Edit: I also have a habbit of making metal gear references.

EverytimeI watch a basketball or football game,I wonder why the camera is not behind the person with the ball.

I really do tho,sad eh?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod