War who good god ya'll

kingg5

Rookie
When you play a war game where do you like set at? Me I like it when its set in Vietnam a pity there isn't alot of them. I don't know what but I get a rush when i'm storming a jungle and walk into a spring trap listening to Creedence.

Battlefield: Vietnam was a decent game. It was a typical brainless Battlefield game, in the vietnam setting.

Personally I prefer a World War II setting (The Call of Duty Series is easily one of the best ever), or the future/not too distant future. I don't mind games being too futuristic, but once you get into laser guns/etc i'm just not into it. Battlefield 2142 is pretty much the limit for me, it has some unrealistic vehicles (Walkers, Hovertanks etc.) but everything else seems pretty present day.

World War two is good but you seen it done it before.But tbh I love storming the beach's for Normandy it always gives me a rush.

Yeah I loved the first Ghost Recon. Especially the level when you had to run through the swamps.

I only care about the time set, either In the past, present, or near future. I hate war games beign set in the extreme future because you always get ridiculous stuff just because it looks cool, like mechs and plasma guns.

GRAW is just about how far in the future that I'm willing to go.

Yeah I preffer one set in the past. I like storming Jungles never knowing where VC are. And getting a Rambo gun is always fun.

I'd say I'd probably play any "war" game as long as it had a good story. The CoD games were decent, but now it's just getting ridiculous with how many World War 2 games saturate the market. There have been some decent ones, but I'd rather see more "original" war games.

That, and I'd like to see a true Vietnam game that didn't just have a kick ass soundtrack.

Anyone else seen the trailer for CoD AW? Yeah I'd like to see more Vietnam games. Who here loves to run through jungles and fight in them? And Links i'd like to see a good Medievil game were you don't justy controll an army were you play one guy in a army against tons of others. Kinda like Spartan Total Warrior but with online play and shit like that.

I'm not a fan of WWII games, too old and too overdone. I liked the first CoD and the first MoH but after that it seemed redundant and pointless. How many nazi's did germany really have, cause technically, any one of us has probably committed the worst act of genocide against any country's armed force, ever.

As for me, I like an open battlefield scenario, but things like Ghost Recon that is set in a more modern or future modern setting doesn't do it for me, for one there really isn't any point to only running around with a small contingent of guys, sort of like how I became bored with SOCOM, and haven't play it after socom 2. Same with Ghost Recon, if I want control of air strikes and cool futuretech I want to look around and see soliders everywhere and things blowing up. BTW Frontlines fuel of war looks awesome at the moment.

But since I have a real grasp of how armed combat has really moved into a future of unconvientional fighting, I've found a home in Rainbow Six Vegas, because it's inside urban fighting, close to medium quarters with a balance of accurate firearms and flawless anti-terrorist/small armed group tactics. Small groups tend to fight other small groups.

Although I will admit Cod4 has be nearly jittery everytime I see a preview and if any game can really give me the scope and feel of modern warfare against a really worthwhile threat in open field and urban combat I'd have a ton of fun playing it.

Also, I don't know why, but we need more games based in ancient greek warfare with hoplite, spartans and whatnot. Not the imaginative God of War or Spartan Total Warrior, but more in the viens of The Argonauts game that I've seen previews for.

How about a game based on a ten year campaign outside the Trojan walls eh? That's an M rated game if I've ever seen one, the combat was so skillful and violent, the setting the origin of western warfare, such a promising future lying in the distant birthright of the Roman empire or Alexander's army, all descended from the peak of ancient warfare.

Bloody, gruesome, and mericless. I'd love to go to war as a myrmidon, or as Hector's personal guard. Large shields and spears and short swords and bows, and the phalanx. It is a world that isn't explored and isn't experimented with. Not in even a remotely realistic sense. Why I wonder!

-dL

I agree on more ancient greek games. But not were you control an army but you a soldier in an army. Think what it would be like online. And tbh WW2 games do get boring but I always get a rush when I play the Normandy level I don't know why. I think they should also have more Vietnam games,

just as long as the game didnt turn into a greek dynasty warriors. cause thats where it would fail majorly. but yeah, full scale battles, you are one of many, lots of gore/dismemberments, and maybe a not-suck upgrade system. that would require alot of thought.

Yeah it would be cool though. Being in big battles, boulders flying by your head, arrows shooting past you, running to a castle next to hundreds of others.

Hey just picture a big ass battle like in the lord of the rings or 300 and your in it along side hundreds of others.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod