War games.

Strideout

Rookie
With all the WWII games and the handful of Civil War games that I know of and other countless war games, how long will it be before there is a game dealing with the Iraq/Afghani war between the US and said countries?

Take your guess.

Today's scandals are tomorrow's masterpieces. We'll probably have to wait a few dozen years to see games about today's military events, maybe around forty years later.

/\ If you're using the WWII as a reference point then the only reason there is such a large gap is because games either didn't exist or weren't capable of presenting the war. There are a few games out there that represent Vietnam or other recent conflicts and society is changing so I don't think it's fair to try to put a time frame on it. Don't forget that the Iraq war is still in progress even though it's switched gears but I don't think it will be long (though perhaps longer than four years) before a game is released at least based on the war. It didn't take long for games to feature stereotypical Islamic terrorists as enemies.

Sam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle