VGA nominations out. No one cares I hope.

Anyone even care, to be honest?

I sure don't, for a lark I wanted to see what the nominees are, and basically it is slanted so that Halo 3 can win almost everything.

How surprising.

Look at them online, I won't list it, but is anyone really surprised about the dominace games like Halo, Mass Effect, and Guitar Hero have on everyone right now?

Every game of the year nomination is on X-Box 360/PC too... Not one game from Sony of Nintendo. NOT ONE.

And two of them, Halo 3, and Mass Effect, don't even deserve the nomination in my opinion. I would rather put in Galaxy and Heavenly Sword, so we at least have some variety from the other systems.

That's just me I guess, they are great games, but should not be nominated in the grand scheme of things.

LinksOcarina said:
Anyone even care, to be honest?

I sure don't, for a lark I wanted to see what the nominees are, and basically it is slanted so that Halo 3 can win almost everything.

How surprising.

Look at them online, I won't list it, but is anyone really surprised about the dominace games like Halo, Mass Effect, and Guitar Hero have on everyone right now?

Every game of the year nomination is on X-Box 360/PC too... Not one game from Sony of Nintendo. NOT ONE.

And two of them, Halo 3, and Mass Effect, don't even deserve the nomination in my opinion. I would rather put in Galaxy and Heavenly Sword, so we at least have some variety from the other systems.

That's just me I guess, they are great games, but should not be nominated in the grand scheme of things.
Galaxy has no nominations? Is that a joke? Galaxy is the game of the year. Period.

Well, all I know is the Wii Game of the Year nominations. They are Galaxy, Corruption, Super Paper Mario and Twilight Princess. I don't know why Twilight Princess is there, it came out at launch. I guess they just couldn't think of any other games to nominate.

well to fly the flag of neutrality in here, aside from galaxy, which I agree dserves GOTY nominations, what else has sony or nintendo released thats really epic, in comparison to mass effect say

i'm sorry, but motostorm is out, as is heavenly sword with its 4 hour play time

Galaxy is also up for best Adventure game, even though it's really a platformer, which has no category.

Seriously though, Mass Effect does not deserve a nomination. Great story yes but a lot of polish needs to be put on that game because the graphics chug horribly and some of the gameplay elements are kind of shoddy.

You can make a case for Orange Box too, just because half of the game was already released already.

As for Halo, I expected it to be up for game of the year anyway, but I really feel like it should not be nominated because, at the very least, other games out there are so much better. My biggest problem is that we all know it will win, while Bioshock, the only game on there that deserves the nomination, is shafted.

As for the Wii and the PS3, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Corruption, SPM and even Folklore being worthy titles.

corruption deserves no mention, its more of the same

on the same point neither does halo

buit to say mass effect deserves no nominations? smells of fanboyismm the game is a marvel, and because it pushes what the system is capable of you hold that against it?

and yet heavenly sword is GOTY worthy to you? its a short advertisement for the graphical prowess of the ps3, god of war painted up all pretty, thats all

Icepick said:
corruption deserves no mention, its more of the same

on the same point neither does halo

buit to say mass effect deserves no nominations? smells of fanboyismm the game is a marvel, and because it pushes what the system is capable of you hold that against it?

and yet heavenly sword is GOTY worthy to you? its a short advertisement for the graphical prowess of the ps3, god of war painted up all pretty, thats all

I also make a case for God of War 2 to be up there as a nomination. Problem though, and this is my own fault, I forgot it was made this year, and it's a very good game that deserves a spot up there as well.

As for Mass Effect, I never said it deserves no nominations. RPG of the year yes, Original Score yes, hell I will even say best graphics this year, although that goes to Bioshock, but it should not be game of the year. It pushes the system yes, but it is also held back by bad driving mechanics, bland side missions and planet missions, and a few cliche story elements.

You are, however, right about Metroid. As good of a game it was, it is more of the same.

OK, now I've seen all the nominations for every category and it is the worst list ever. Glaxy is not even in GOTY!!!!! It could at least beat out Mass Effect. And like Links has said, they'll probably give it to Halo 3 just because it's Halo.

we all agree galaxy deserves the nod, but to claim mass effect isn't GOTY material is foolish, you shape the god damn story yourself, based on every miniscule action you do, i'm sorry a handful of you can't comprehend the complexities of it all, but shit quit ragging on one of the best games i've ever played

Full List

GAME OF THE YEAR
BioShock

STUDIO OF THE YEAR
Harmonix

BEST SHOOTER
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision/ Infinity Ward)

BEST RPG
Mass Effect (Microsoft Game Studios/ BioWare)

BEST MILITARY GAME
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision/ Infinity Ward)

BEST INDIVIDUAL SPORTS GAME
skate (Electronic Arts/ EA Black Box)

BEST HANDHELD GAME
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo/ Nintendo)

BEST GRAPHICS
Crysis (Electronic Arts/ Crytek)

BEST GAME BASED ON A MOVIE OR TV SHOW
The Simpsons Game (Electronic Arts/ EA Redwood Shores)

BEST RHYTHM GAME
Rock Band (MTV Games/ Harmonix)

BEST DRIVING GAME
DiRT (Codemasters/ Codemasters)

BEST ACTION GAME
Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo/ Nintendo)

BEST TEAM SPORTS GAME
Madden NFL 08 (Electronic Arts/ EA Tiburon)

BEST SOUNDTRACK
Rock Band (MTV Games/ Harmonix)

BREAKTHROUGH TECHNOLOGY
The Orange Box/ Portal (Valve/ Valve)

BEST XBOX 360 GAME
BioShock

BEST WII GAME
Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo/ Nintendo)

BEST PS3 GAME
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (Sony Computer Entertainment/
Insomniac Games)

BEST PC GAME
The Orange Box (Valve/ Valve)

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
BioShock

BEST MULTI-PLAYER GAME
Halo 3 (Microsoft Game Studios/ Bungie Studios)

MOST ADDICTIVE VIDEO GAME FUELED BY DEW
Halo 3 (Microsoft Game Studios/ Bungie Studios)

Halo 3 will probably win everything, including RPG of the year. The VGA is just a massive joke. Most hype=win.

Icepick said:
we all agree galaxy deserves the nod, but to claim mass effect isn't GOTY material is foolish, you shape the god damn story yourself, based on every miniscule action you do, i'm sorry a handful of you can't comprehend the complexities of it all, but s*** quit ragging on one of the best games i've ever played

The problem though is that Mass Effect is a great game, but falls under the same umbrella Metroid, Halo, and Assasians Creed. It's a great game with flaws that are somewhat blaring and hold it back in the end, at least in my own opinion.

Look, I am not saying it's a bad game Icepick. I just think out of the GOTY noms they have, it's the most undeserving next to Halo.

By the way, another contender should of been Zack and Wiki, a really underrated game.

I can understand where you're coming from Links, and I think your claims are somewhat validated... but I honestly can't see why they should hold back Mass Effect for being... unpolished? Is that the word?

I personally enjoyed the game a great deal. I believe that if a game is good enough so that you can overlook it's flaws, then by all means give it the nod. Mario Galaxy is a great game. I am enjoying it immensely on my aunt's Wii... but compared to something like BioShock or Mass Effect, it feels like the same tried and true story they've always used. At least the two leads in the running for GOTY have tried to do something different, and if they win, will be praised for their originality more so than because it's an established brand.

Assassin's Creed doesn't deserve the GOTY nod, and I'm glad it hasn't received it. Aside from Galaxy, I can't think of a Nintendo or Sony game that has come close to the level of originality or all-out fun that the 360 has been providing.

And we should all be happy Crysis didn't get a GOTY nod. Crytek has a habit of allowing their games to completely fall apart by introducing incompetent AI towards the end. Anyone who's played it knows of what I speak here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod