Venture Bros

Bretimus_v2

So tired.
Is anyone still watching this? Because the last two episodes have been awesome. Nathan Fillion was a bizarro Spider-Man! Not to mention to great episodes that really spotlighted each of the boys.

Like it, haven't had time to start it from the beginning. I've been saying this for several seasons, so I should really get on it.

I'm sort of waiting it out. Waiting for it to air twice a night, like Family Guy or King of the Hill. Or maybe even a dvd box set? i'm not a consistent viewer of most things. It's damn good though. I'm just lazy, even in my tv viewing.

Wait, that was Nathan Fillion as the spider guy? I thought he sounded familiar.

Still, I love this show and it's getting pretty interesting.

I like that the boys are finally developing. Also, lots of Orpheus tonight!!! Also, Shore Leave has been getting better with each appearance.

OPEN HIS SOUL TO ME!!!! ...please.

Love this season so far, it's been taking a minute to show where it's going but now that the Revenge Society is completely under way I can't wait to see what's coming next! I do need to know though, is this another one of those really annoying 8-episode half seasons like last year? Or is this the 16-episode real deal this year?

According to Publick Nuisance (the creator blog), this is only giong to be eight episodes to finish out last season's 1/2 portion. :( But these have, with the exception of one, been some really hilarious and well written episodes (they have pleased The Rusty). I just wonder where they even get their ideas from.

Last night's was one of the best to date, I really loved it, especially the scene with Rusty's Id. It makes me sad that this is another half season though, it's almost as if they're getting lazy... unless they have a new season starting up in January or something

SEMI-SPOILER-ish!!!!

I know! They better get working on the next full season and then deliver the whole thing in a timely fashion. Gosh, don't they realize I pay good money for this (seriously, have you seen the cost of cable lately?).

My favorite part of the episode was the closer. "What happened when I was sixteen IS MY LIFE!"

After the Hank episode, I finally had a disconnect with "the Rusty". He'd finally crossed the line too many times. I mean, ewww! But with this episode, as he went into his diatribe about growing up and I thought about his id, ego & superego...I really just had to pity the guy and realize how messed up his upbring was.

This half of the season has also seen a lot of story growth in Rusty's relationship with the boys. You kind of just write him off as a deadbeat dad (I'm sure it was just the Rush tape.), but when you realize he's actually haunted by the hundreds of deaths and how he actually connects with Hank on a deeper level...well, you start to understand that he does care and also why he distances himself from them. Plus, he never had a close father-son relationship with "Jonas" which makes it that much harder for him with his sons.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod