Vassup?

Joe_Dodson

Rookie
Hey GR community, long time no see! For those of you who don't know me, I worked for GR from about 2000 until 2006. How've things been? What's up with yous all?

Hey Joe. Good to see you. How's life? Tell us your story.

Also, I think this deserves a move to Misc...

you won't know me since I'm new but I remember your because of you reviews and I'd see your icon and think "oh thats a reference to a TV show that comes on at a time that's past my bed time" but then I later realized it's a picture of skeletor and not space ghost (who I was thinking of) and I felt super stupid...... Why am I admitting this...

A-woman-on-a-psychiatrist-001.jpg

...*sigh*.. well Joe, since you left its afforded me a lot of time to do some soul searching.. ya know? Did a bit of traveling, joined a monastery for a few months and really - I mean REALLY tried to become more enlightened. That time spent allowed me to come to terms with the fact that my dad used to touch me at night, my mother drank herself into a stupor, and my high school girlfriend (the only woman I've ever kissed) had a kid with my older brother.... So.. in the end, I'm just trying to find my place in the world and I'm pretty happy about where I'm at. Thanks for asking ^_^

Haha a pleasant read Urban.

Welcome back Joe...dont stifle us and bugger off now. You're staying right?....RIGHT?!

Word up Joe, how's it going? Not a lot to report here. GR has got considerably boring-er, it must be said. Duke leaving and then never making an explanatory goodbye blog post was a bit weird. Probably the biggest news.

Also wolverine beat spiderman. Did you hear?

malakian said:
Duke leaving and then never making an explanatory goodbye blog post was a bit weird. Probably the biggest news.

Also wolverine beat spiderman. Did you hear?

Especially when he said there would be one...

Anyways, hello Joe. Nice of you to stop by. The reviews are still coming in, the site is undergoing some changes (some of which I feel are positive), the community is still....Quaint. Quaint and petite. Yep.

Lethean said:
malakian said:
Duke leaving and then never making an explanatory goodbye blog post was a bit weird. Probably the biggest news.

Especially when he said there would be one...

Wouldn't be the 1st or even 10th time Duke has made a claim that never materialized

To be fair though, Duke is working at another site if I recall, so he is probably too busy or contractually obligated from commenting on what occured.

LinksOcarina said:
To be fair though, Duke is working at another site if I recall, so he is probably too busy or contractually obligated from commenting on what occured.

This quote sparked my interest enough to see what Duke is doing now. I found a couple of news articles that stated Duke as the editor-in-chief of a site known as gamehelper.com. However, looking at their site it appears that the company helps game developers by offering services to them, yet they don't make any games themselves. Sounds like it has nothing to do with journalism. Interesting.

Good to hear from you, Joe. I was a big fan of your reviews back from your GR days and wanted to let you know that they had a big influence on my writing style, as well as the GR Rants N' Raves.

Where are you churning out reviews these days?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod