Vacating

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by De-Ting, Jun 17, 2010.

1. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Can't talk much. Been in Vegas the last three days; just got into Ohio last night. Driving to Myrtle Beach today. TTYL.

Oh, and anyone else doing some sweet vacationing?

2. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I've got a couple of long weekends planned on the beach in the Bournemouth and Cornwall areas. Then there's the standard annual Spain holiday with the group of lads.

Cant wait!

3. kingg5

kingg5 Rookie

I once had to vacate the premises of sony. It's a long funny story when the PS3 came out. But I plan on hitting a beach this summer. Hopefully Myrtle Beach

4. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm in Florida RIGHT NOW, chilling on the beach before the oil gets here. It's too fucking humid though.

5. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

I want to go to Vegas so badly...

I also want to go to AC, but I will be in Pennsylvania for a whole month on my own.

6. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

It's not the heat, it's the hu--oh, right.

I'm leaving riiiiiiiiight......now. See ya in maybe ten days.

7. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

Take care of yourself and enjoy.

8. Rakon

Rakon Rookie

Going to a cottage for the weekend. First cottage in about 10 years, so it should be fun.

9. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Being in Vegas sucks when you're underage, by the way.

Unless your Mormonage has you well trained for making your own wholesome fun, I guess.

10. schimmel

schimmel Rookie

Which is why I'm going for new year's. My best friend turns 21 on Christmas Day, 3 days later we're there. Anyone wanna do a GR/schimmel's friend new year in Vegas?

11. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I couldn't think of anything worse than having a birthday on Christmas day....I supopse having one nut would be worse.

"HAPPY CHRISTMAS WAAAHAAAAAAY!!!"
    "......Oh, and happy birthday mmyeah"
    "PRESENTS!!

12. schimmel

schimmel Rookie

it's okay though, he's Jewish

13. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

Where at? If it's close to Pittsburgh (20 miles ratio) we could chill

14. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Links: "Did I say Pennsylvania?!...I meant TRANsylania...yeah....that's MILES away from you...sorry"

15. Trippysmurf

Trippysmurf Rookie

Longo - What part of Florida are you in? Also, we need that humidity to survive. When I was in Vegas 2 years back, every day me and my friends would wake up with nose bleeds and cracking skin because we are used to having enough humidity in the atmosphere that we laugh when we watch Signs.

Also my vacation is in a month (shit, I need to buy tickets). I'm going to Comic Con for all 4 days, but will also hit up the Stone Brewery.

16. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Sarasota, so nowhere important. I was gonna see a Rays game, but they're out of town all this week. And they're losing, fucking Rays.

And you guys are just weakening yourselves, since it won't be long before aliens take all the water in the world.

17. schimmel

schimmel Rookie

That is AWESOME!!!! Well, both of them, but especially the Stone Brewery. I absolutely love Stone's IPA's, and their Russian Imperial Stout that I had was pretty damn good too.

/jealous

18. Affen

Affen Rookie

Damn my next vacations are in distant future. My body and mind would loooove a good long vacation away from this regular crap. Short weekend trips will do for now.

19. keepithowitis

keepithowitis Rookie

Funny I found this topic, I'm on the plane right now to Boston (Alaska's on-flight wifi is fucking awesome) to help my uncle move into his new house. The cool thing about that is that he's a professional audio technician, and so like his whole house is just packed with cool shit, speakers, turntables, monitors, what have you. Basically it's a ton of money's worth of really nice audio equipment, and anything that's older than 2008 my uncle is considering "junk", meaning I could very easily grab a $10000 sound system or two outta his basement and take them back to Seattle with me. Either way I'm gonna get some of his old DJ equipment since my old stuff isn't compatible with my computer anymore, so I can begin mixing again. Hopefully he can teach me a few things on mixing songs, I would totally love to start making dubstep once i get back home (hopefully mattay knows what that is at least...)
    But yeah, that's my "vacation" schedule for the next week or two, and I cannot wait to land.

20. GiftedMonkey

GiftedMonkey Rookie

keepit, whacha got planned in Boston? If it isn't on your itinerary may I suggest walking the Freedom Trail, eating at Durgin Park, and a stroll through Boston Common and the Public Garden?

As for myself, in just a couple hours my girlfriend, her sister, and I will be making the all-night drive down to Lake Cumberland in Kentucky for a family reunion. And in July I will be going back home to Massachusetts for a week to visit the family and friends. Nothing too sweet, but I will have a good time!