Using Controllers For PC?

This was meant for 360 controllers in a PC, but I couldn't choose which forum to put it in so it's now for any controller and in General Gaming.

Has anyone ever played a PC game with the controller from a console? I was just searching around and found a Microsoft adapter that allows such to happen. There's a progam I found off this site that's supposedly doing the same thing, but it was corrupted so... DELETEDDDD. I'm wondering if anyone has a way to get a wireless controller, 360 or otherwise, onto their PC, and if you have, is it worth it?

i have Devil May Cry 4 on my pc and still havnt played it because its impossible with the keyboard.

i was checking out that adapter but on every forum it seemed people were having trouble with it and my local stores dont even sell them

Just buy the wireless USB adapter thing which lets you use the wireless controller on PC.
Or buy a wired controller for the 360
- both work.

Use 'Xpadder' or something similar to map out the buttons..and you're ready to go.

I played GTA:SA on PC with the 360 controller and it really was AWESOME.
That and Crysis - i PWNED at Crysis with the 360 controller.

Microsoft sells an adapter for the wireless 360 pads, but its kind of expensive. Its actually cheaper to buy a regular wired Xbox 360 controller, I think. Then you can find the drivers for the controller online, or if you have Vista it should already be good to go.

For playing games that don't normally allow gamepads, such as games made in Flash, or some PC games (not all PC games, however), there's this program you can download for free called Joy2Key, which allows you to map keyboard and mouse functions to your controller. Its a really convenient program.

Madster, the fact that you were better at a FPS with a controller says alot...

I've only ever played a couple sports games on the PC with a controller, but it was a controller for the PC by MS. I just play sports games on my 360 now though, so I've had no use for a controller on my PC.

Kiristo said:
Madster, the fact that you were better at a FPS with a controller says alot...
I'm better with the keyboard.

It just happens that my old laptop only allowed 2 button presses at a time.
absolutely crap for gaming.

Alot of people dont know this, but a PS3 controller will also work on the PC, provided you have the drivers and a USB cable.

I've played Tomb raider ann/legend as well as Bionic commando rearmed with it - purely because they suck ass with PC controls.

On the other hand, i'd recommend a 360 game pad because of the support. A list of games out now support a 360 gamepad out of the box, once its plugged in the controls will be automatically mapped accordingly. I'd also chose the wired controller so you don't have to buy batteries and the adaptor thingy - saving you $$$

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle