User suggestions?

The ban goes to...

• De-Ting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UglyKitten

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello tender flock,

How are you? I am doing well, thank you for asking.
Did you know that there are administrators who can help your experience on the forums be the best it can possibly be?

I am now one of those administrators. I've gone and locked all previous The People Speak threads and I'd like to know what needs to be done next.

Who needs a ban? Who needs a promotion? Who needs a title? Who needs their thread deleted? Who need's their post edited so that it says "I'm a pretty little girl"?

Let me know what you think. How can we better the forums?
-Daniel

Put the little box on the right that shows the five most current forum threads to the right of manifestos, reviews, etc. It used to be right below the Top Cheats, Manifesto and Vox Pop boxes. If people hear, "forums good, go there" they won't. But if they catch snippets of our convos and are intrigued or want to chime in...they're...more...likely to?

Other than that, I appreciate the focus that GR seems to be trying to put back into the forums. They've definitely focused on the community over the last little bit, but this is nice too. Oh and I think we have a chat, emphasize chat, I guess. (where's kapow?)

I would like a party board, where it has the same workings as the other boards but obnoxious lights (AKA colors) flash on the page and it hurts your eyes a lot... but think about how awesome it would be while ROLLING!

schimmel said:
I would like a party board, where it has the same workings as the other boards but obnoxious lights (AKA colors) flash on the page and it hurts your eyes a lot... but think about how awesome it would be while ROLLING!

This might just become my mission in life.

I need you to abuse your powers and give me all the powers you have. I'll just be like Anakin.

So, I heard that gay people were supposed to vote for De-Ting.

Anyway, first off, what Bret said.

Second, I should be made an admin. This is totally something I believe and not just me taking advantage of the situation to push my own agenda. Cough cough.

Third, is Geoff Hunt going to do a Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy review? Because I really trust his opinion on it, and I didn't want to start a thread about this.

Daniel, I don't think anyone needs a promotion right now. We have enough mods and now three admins, two active (unless Sam is active?). What we need on the forums is more traffic and a more welcoming demeanor from the current members. Bret has the right idea as well....

...And a more streamlined main page that doesn't advertise screen shots for titles like Half Life 2 Episode 1.

To everyone asking for mod-rights etc. Frankly, the active community isn't large enough to make more mods worthwhile. The operative word here is ACTIVE.

I think Lethean really hit on it. What the forums need is a membership drive and a little more love.

How about this question: Does anyone have any ideas for a proper motivator for a membership drive? How could we track how many new people join and who brought them into the fold?

Honestly, contests.

I'm not sure how you would tie them to the forum, but as what's-his-name said in Field of Dreams, "If you contest them, they will come?" Or something like that.

danielrbischoff said:
How about this question: Does anyone have any ideas for a proper motivator for a membership drive? How could we track how many new people join and who brought them into the fold?
Buy me a gun, a lot of ammo and give me two days, I'll get you your users.

Or just do something... big and original. Make something. Draw something awesome. Write an awesome, controversial feature. Then we'll all submit it to respectable videogame blogs unlike Kotaku and watch as the new members flood in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod