Used Games

Rakon

Rookie
No, I'm not talking about the fact that Used44 games frequently. I'm talking about actual used games. Today, I just picked up the first Onimusha (late, but who cares?) for $5. That's right, $5. It works fine, and I'm extremely happy with the deal. I've also bought Jak X racing for 5 dollars a while back. I can go on, but you guys get the picture.

Do you buy used games? Does the lower price tag attract you, or the fact that it's been used deter you. Speak.

Unless it is a classic that you just cannot find anywhere new, I avoid buying used games. Especially so after buying a used copy of TimeSplitters II from GameStop whose disc appeared to had been ejaculated onto, literally.

i mostly buy used, a few years after a game has come out, i find it hard to drop 60 bucks on a new game, i dont really play online so older cheaper games have more apeal to me

Recent releases that I have to have, I usually always buy new.

Older games I almost always buy used. Though I'm attempting to be a good citizen lately and avoid getting those used games through GameStop....

Price is definitely a factor. I rarely buy a game brand spanking new. I usually at least wait for price to go down a little bit. And as long as the game doesn't look like it was used as a chew toy, I'm okay with buying used games.

i'm all down for used games, in fact i used to thrive off their bargin bin delicious prices.

Now that i'm older, work full time and go to school full time and have some cash flow I don't mind dropping the money for new releases as long as they are on wish list.

agree with lawngnome about classic games, if there is something that i need on my shelf then hell yeah. I try to be a "collector" and hold onto my old ones, such as my ps1 ff7 and breath of fire 3, and of course shining force for gba.

I don't usually have the extra cash to go and buy new games, and unless the game is a definite must-have I'm not gonna put money away to buy it. That's why there's the wonder that is used games. It's always nice to find a fairly recent game for like 20 bucks, instead of getting an unopened version of it for 45. I've gotten some gems out of it as well. TH Project 8, Lost Odyssey, COD 3. All for 20 each.

I don't buy used games from Gamestop, but I have tracked down a few hard to find games (Wild Arms 3, etc) on eBay. Also, there is a local place here that buys and resells games, and I have gotten a few things from there.

I always buy used games over new games, but sometimes I have no choice but to buy new. It hurts. :(
The only thing I hate about buying used is that occasially the manual is missing or it's missing the original box. I know neither is important, but I'm the kind of guy who likes to have the whole experience, especially the art associated.

The only used game that caused me problems was a copy of The Legend of Dragoon I bought. But it was a cheap PSX game, so I just bought another used copy.

Used or new ... as long as I can play it normally I don't care.

:)

Usualy for me price is also a defining factor, I am 16 years old and luckiliy I live in a family that is not full of scrooges but by no means I mean to use that fact. I usualy buy a game or two every two - three months, if I can buy the same game used I'll definitely buy that one (if it is in a good condition) if there is no other way, I'll just add some of my earned money. :)

I buy new 95% of the time. When you buy new the store has had a cut but the publisher gets money which is a return on their investment. When you buy used the only people that profit is the game store. From an industry point of view it's barely better then pirating.

I sometime buy used games, but many of the good games are not there as used (since people tend to keep the good games :p)
But it is a good way to buy a cheap game, just to try it out.
Eg. what I did with Virtua Figther 5, bad idea, and I am glad that I did not pay fullprice for it.

But I did make a good find, I got CoD IV with added maps, With a 20% discount, because it was used!
Sometimes you can find a true jewel.

I usually always go for used games. There's a place called VPD (Videopeli divari= Video game second hand shop, but they still sell also new games) where you get the games used for cheap and they also pay well if you bring there used games.

For me it's 50/50. There are just some games I just have to guy the second they come out. I remember spending 8 months just waiting for God of War and bought it the day it came out. Took me three days to beat it, but to me it was worth it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod