Ubisoft now deactivating your legally purchased game

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by madster111, Jan 26, 2015.

1. madster111

madster111 Rookie

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/10 ... bd4d0c4b9b
    http://www.myce.com/news/gamers-angry-a ... eys-74550/

So why do people still give them money, again?
    It's like they saw EA start backing down from being cunts and decided 'YES! OUR CHANCE!' and have taken off the top spot of companies that need to die.

Then again, this might just be a video game industry thing instead of a ubisoft thing. You know, the industry that thinks it's a super special snowflake and doesn't need to do that whole 'used' or 'resale' thing every other fucking product in the world does?
    This is no way different than if i, say, bought a couple SSDs in the US and sold them here in aus for a minor profit. Last time i checked, that was one of the main principles of that 'economy' thing we're been hearing about recently.

2. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

This is why we need hard-copies and always will. They will only do it as long as they can get away with it. Did they do this to stop people from buying cheaper keys in other regions?

How many people does this affect?

3. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

4. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

Take your beef up with who you purchased the key from. They are the ones who sold you the product.

5. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

He's got a point. Ubisoft should make sure WHO they're selling their game to. But it's third party, can hardly blame them. Maybe a little bit.

All they can go is

[​IMG]

6. UrbanMasque

just an assumption - but Im sure Ubisoft kept some of the "fraudulent" purchases while still rescinding the access keys.

7. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Part of me still feels obliged to say "that's what she said" whenever I hear "u be soft".

8. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

Now I will never be able to hear or read their name again without laughing.....Harder than before.

9. madster111

madster111 Rookie

There's no proof at all that these sites did anything illegal and if there is any proof, it should be taken up with the sites themselves not the end users.
    This is unethical and if any of the affected sites can prove legally purchased keys were banned, ubisoft will have a class action lawsuit on their hands from the users and possibly straight from the websites themselves.

They sold a product that wasn't defective at the time and only became so after ubisofts actions. Just because the resellers have to cover it doesn't mean it's not ubisoft who are massive cunts and need to be called out.

If you bought a shelf from an online company and later it turns out that that company bought a bunch with a fake discount code or something, do you expect the fucking ikea people to show up your door and take your shit?

10. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Basically this would only be alright if the resellers where forced to compensate buyers, in the form of a refund.

11. Green_Lantern

Staff Member

That's not the same analogy. It's more along the lines of: if someone stole a piece of jewelry, then pawned it off and you buy that piece of jewelry from the pawn shop. The police can still seize the stolen items from you even though you thought you purchased it completely legit.

12. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

If that happened to me I would go to the pawn shop and demand a refund.

13. madster111

madster111 Rookie

The majority of these resellers get the codes from cheap regions.
    You know, so they're not selling stolen shit and getting shut down by the polices.

14. UrbanMasque

^ I think this is the crux of the issue - Ubisoft feels shafted that they're not getting their full amount, but if you sold a valid key in another region you should honor it.

15. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

16. madster111

madster111 Rookie

17. zaylin

zaylin Rookie

That's true! There are some tutorial in game that didn't send clear instruction to the game. As a result, some players took hours to play the game.

18. Green_Lantern

Staff Member