Turkey Day

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Happy Thanksgiving, Americans! What are your plans today?

I was married last month, so my wife and I are expected at about five different family functions. We're going to try to stop by each for a while. Hopefully it's not too stressful.

I'm making sweet potato pie to bring to one of them, but other than that I don't have any plans on cooking. I have Friday off though, so I'm making a turkey then!

hosting dinner at my house again this year. frustrating. i made my awesome sausage balls though so thats a perk.

Just got home a few hours ago before dinner actually. Was out all nigh last night with some good friends.

Also caught the parade in NY for the first time. Lame because its so damn crowded, but the atmosphere was really good with the tourists and crowds there.

used44 said:
I was married last month, so my wife and I are expected at about five different family functions. We're going to try to stop by each for a while. Hopefully it's not too stressful.

Congrats! We spent the day at an aunt's catching up. Get used to the family tug-o-war.

Bretimus_v2 said:
used44 said:

Congrats! We spent the day at an aunt's catching up. Get used to the family tug-o-war.

Oh, we've been together for a long time. We're already used to running around on the holidays. Our families are really great about not being offended if we don't show or whatever, but we still feel obligated.

At the third stop now.

Well I was with my dad and his side of the family on Thanksgiving...this is UghRochester's story.

So it's Wednesday night, McDonald's is still open and that means I have to do the maintenance. Since I do maintenance, I started from 9PM Wednesday night, to early Thanksgiving morning (6AM). Since we're closed on Thanksgiving day, I had to turn everything off and lock everything down. No problem...yet

After I was done working, my dad came by and picked me up. I had no internet access at all to check when my presents to my family will arrive and/or check GR to bug you guys. So I thought I was going to my Dad's apartment to sleep and wake up to go to his side of the family Thanksgiving dinner. Of course not, I had to help him move stuff around and had to visit a friend of his. Getting sleep was no option that day.

When I got back to his apartment around 2 in morning, I was so happy just to finally sleep. Couple hours later at 5 in the morning today. McDonald's called my phone and said "Howard! There's water that just came pouring in the fryers! WE NEED YOU HERE IMMEDIATELY!" Well, here in Pennsylvania, the rain was pouring. So when the morning crew turned everything on, the water that was build up on the roof exhaust vents, came pouring into the fryers. Luckily the oil wasn't hot yet and no one was hurt.

Anyhow, I had to rush over there so people Customers could get their hashbrowns. You would think the managers would know how to drain the oil, but no...apparently the maintenance guy is the only one that knows how. So because the water was mixed with the oil, it made a sort of slushy grease substance. I ended up ruining one of my jeans because of this incident.

Anyways I haven't slept yet, so after I post this, I'm going to head to bed.
Happy Belated Thanksgiving and Black Friday GR!.

dude, Ugh, you're going to be that kid from the McDonalds' commercial that becomes the regional manager to human resources vp to CEO, I just know it.

And when this happens...lifetime free apple pies for your GR pals? eh? eh???

heheh, I know that storm Ugh had to deal with. It hit us first. Fucked everything up.

Good thanksgiving, ate pie and ham, drank mexican cokes, watched the Cowboys lose. :wink:

Chris_Crime said:
And when this happens...lifetime free apple pies for your GR pals? eh? eh???
Our McDonalds is part of a franchise and we're not open 24 hours. So when I do maintenance, I'm there for about 4-5 hours by myself, no one except for Seymour the ghost.

Ate at a friends house, played SCIV and Halo 3, went to honolulu to get some computer shit, realized it was thanksgiving and everything was closed, went back home, got drunk, fell asleep.

That was my thanksgiving.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod