Try not to get emotional

....I got emotional :(

Slit_wrists_by_Kopperia_no_Hitsugi.jpg

Was there ever a game where the primary direction was left?

...crap. Now just watch as big corporations make a killing off of that idea. I can see it; New Super Mario Bros. Left Edition.

I apologize, humanity. I screwed up...

Nope. The whole reason it's from left to right is because that's the way western audiences read. I'm pretty sure it was very confusing for the Japanese, or something like that. Whatever.

Also, I immediately thought of this.

Well japanese can be read from left to right so it wasn't that weird. Kinda hard to do a side scroller from top to bottom lol.

There's a theory about stage direction I learned in my limited theater studies where when a character enters from the audience's right it goes opposite of what is comfortable (left to right for English reading countries) so that tension is more dramatic. You can see it in old movies too. The antagonist would enter the scene from camera right to camera left. So it's kind of the same thing with the player entering from the left and the baddies entering from the right.

Yup.

And it felt so wrong. I remember my dad yelling at us about that game. We would do the kick repeatedly with the volume cranked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod