Trumping Clinton or Clinting Trump?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by MattAY, Nov 8, 2016.

?

Who will you vote for to be El Presidente?

1. Clinton

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Trump

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nobody?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Come on then...let's have it.

Excited for a new president or what?!

2. madster111

madster111 Rookie

I'm perfectly fine with either winning.

Both will result in WW3 and we as a species will get to make the final decision on whether we reach the stars and prosper or die out here on this mud ball.

Bring on the nukes, let's see if we're good enough.

3. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

Gary Johnson is on the ballot in all 50 states. I can't, in good conscious, vote for either the rich cranky bussinessman or the definition of corrupt two faced woman. Read the wikileaks if you havnt yet.

I hear a lot from liberals , but also some conservatives, that a vote for Johnson is a vote for trump(or Clinton) which is nonsense. I was never going to vote for them anyways. A vote for neither doesn't somehow make trump +1 and Hillary -1.

4. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

The first two posters don't even live in the U.S. GTFO! Also, our votes don't matter anyways, but I did go and vote for other forms of government areas.

5. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

I like how Clinton and Trump are the only two options here.

I've never voted. Maybe some day, but not today.

6. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

I'm going to want to move back to California if they legalize recreational today.

Thank you for adding nobody to the poll.

[​IMG]

7. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

It kinda effects all of us y'know ;)

8. madster111

madster111 Rookie

Australia has a very strong defensive treaty with the US which is usually taken as essentially a full alliance, with either of us going to war alongside even the aggressor, and a massive radar network up north run by both of us that can detect planes flying over southern china (JORN scary as fuck yo). Because of this, we share security clearance levels and our forces can and often do switch command between either country when needed.

We're tied in with what your dumbass presidents do just as much as you are.

9. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

Shucks, I know it effects everyone just like how Brexit will effect us somehow. I just find it funny MattAY created a thread about the U.S election and you were the first response. My main point truthfully was our votes don't matter at all towards the presidential election.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd5rul6EdF0
    I didn't know about redrawing the districts, but I did know the citizens only give popular votes. We're not the ones giving electoral votes, which makes our votes pointless.

10. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

11. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Damn, I should have voted no on that. :wink:

I've tried to avoid political arguments for most of the election.
    But I voted for Clinton because I feel like as an educated voter it is by far the better choice. I'm not completely fond of her as a human being (I even voted for Bernie in the election) but as a politician she's ruthless and effective, which is exactly what we need after 8 years of a congress that is willing to shut down the nation rather than deal with the president.

Fight me, nerds.

12. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

13. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

14. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I still find it very surprising that in America, you don't have to vote. I think that's crazy.

In Australia, it's compulsory to vote. As soon as you turn eighteen, someone from the government will probably try to rock up to your house with some paperwork for you to register to vote. If you're registered and you don't vote, you'll be fined.

If you're not registered then obviously you don't and can't vote, but if they find out you're not registered, they'll make you register.

My partner was never registered when she used to live at home with her folks. However, once she moved in with us and she legally changed her address, they came to our door and now she's registered, much to her dismay.

In my opinion, I believe that if you don't properly vote, then you don't have the right to complain about politics.

Personally, I've never seen an election like this... it's surrounded in controversy, fueled by anger and fear. Never seen anything like it and the future scares me.

15. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

If you don't vote you'll be fined????

Aussie you so cray cray!

16. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

You are me.

17. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

Well...looks like Trump won.

That happened...

18. madster111

madster111 Rookie

Nah, the future is good. Either trump wins and he talks shit and north korea decides to try their luck while tensions with mexico rise, leading to WW3, or hillary wins and she orders the US military to fuck with russia over in the middle east, leading to WW3.

Sweet, at least now WW3 is more likely to be conventional wars instead of nukes. Hillary was much more likely to try and prove she has a bigger dick than putin.

19. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

Of course he won. Haven't you been paying attention? The whole time he's been saying, "This is all rigged. I know it. You know it." He is practically confessing here that he is rigging the election!

You heard it here first folks. Or maybe not. But I haven't seen this theory anywhere else.

20. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

Of course he won. Haven't you been paying attention? The whole time he's been saying, "This is all rigged. I know it. You know it." He is practically confessing here that he is rigging the election!

You heard it here first folks. Or maybe not. But I haven't seen this theory anywhere else.

:)