Trophies and Achievements are.....

Boringman54

Rookie
EVIL!!!!! Video games are addicting as is but trophies and achievements makes them 20 times more addicting. I don't know if any of you are addicted but I certainly am, and I hate it! It's all beacuse my friend is addicted and I helped him with getting them, making it like a disease that just got passed onto me. I REALLY want to continue playing MGS 4 since I never got that far but I also REALLY want lots of trophies. I think it's beacuse they give you a sense of pride that makes them so addicting. Anyone else a trophy or acheivement whore? (is it OK to say whore?) Anyone got any tips to help stop either?

I kinda am...Haven't gotten into the trophy craze...But I am kind of an achievement whore...I just like having a big gamerscore :)

Ya i like getting trophies it makes you feel all warm inside im tryin to get a platinum one but not addicted yet

Hi, my name is Ian (hey, Ian), and I was seriously an achievement addict until about 10,000. Now it's just something I'll try to get if I have extra time. I've been cured. (polite claps ensue).

Trophies trump gamerscore I think. Just plain numbers get big and annoying, but trophies count toward your level on PSN, and they're individually counted; bronze, silver, gold and platinum.

The only time I've gone out of my way was for Dead Rising, for some of the more fun achievements. Strike! was the best.

I only try to get them all for a sense of completion. Even if I've completed the game about 50 times, if I havent acquired all achievements it still wont be completed to me.

The only game I am seriously trying for achievements on is Ninja Gaiden 2. I don't know why I just have this need to earn them all with this game. :D

For me, Trophies and Achievements are the new high-score. Old video games always had scores, even when it was totally tagged on. But how many video games have them now? Now you just get highest kills, amounts of resources collected, etc.

They are evil though. GTA IV has had its longevity increased by those stupid things.

*facepalm*
Ergh...I dont quite understand the appeal of trohpy's to be honest- a friend of mine has ended up rocketing through several fantastic games he otherwise would have had a lot more time and fun with all because he feels the need to collect every single trophy on the ps3. I do understand that people like to get the reward of getting some of them, though I really hate people who feel as though having all the trophy's or achievments in a game somehow makes them superior. It was one of the most frustrating things I have ever done watching my friend spend several days in desperate persuit of a trophy, when all I percieve him getting from them is that other people will think he is somehow better at whichever game- even if he spends a stupid amount of time frustrated and angry just for the sake of some shiny pixels. Games are meant to be fun, again I dont understand the appeal of agonising over a difficult trophy when I could be enjoying myself.

It was an epic fail of a masturbation joke...

...haha ok, it was a little funny :p

haha it amazes me how ting pulled a masturbation out of that. It's like he has the eyes of an eagle and the mind of a.....pervert?

letusprey said:
The only game I am seriously trying for achievements on is Ninja Gaiden 2. I don't know why I just have this need to earn them all with this game. :D

Ugh! talk about sadist!

5 Points per for beating the game using only 1 particular weapon? bogus. NG2 has some of the craziest achievements ever and while i like achievement whoring, that's a little nuts.

letusprey said:
haha it amazes me how ting pulled a masturbation out of that. It's like he has the eyes of an eagle and the mind of a.....pervert?
No, that's the mind of an eagle and the eyes of a pervert. :roll:

clayman637 said:
letusprey said:

Ugh! talk about sadist!

5 Points per for beating the game using only 1 particular weapon? bogus. NG2 has some of the craziest achievements ever and while i like achievement whoring, that's a little nuts.

What is weird, is that I never really gave a shit about achievements with any of the other games I own. I vowed I would make it through these though...It might take a while....a long while but I will do it.

De-Ting said:
No, that's the mind of an eagle and the eyes of a pervert. :roll:

So does that mean you wear big creepy sunglasses.

letusprey said:
So does that mean you wear big creepy sunglasses.
If you want a picture of them, you ain't getting it.

Also Lentium, I have a feeling I'm going to hate Resistance 2 after I finally get the 10k kills and lvl 30 co-op.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod