Todays best, Tomorrows classics

Not much goes on here, so let's have a debate!!

Ive been thinking, as video games get older and older, and the graphics get stronger and stronger, which games out there today, from the current generation, do you all think will be classics tomorrow?

Half-Life is guarenteed classic status for sure.

As is Halo, since were in the FPS Sci-Fi group there. Both of them, love or hate it, have gone beyond being hits, but sucessful modern day franchises.

FireWall said:
I would definitely put Half-Life in the category of future classics.

While I don't refute your prediction of it being in the category, I personally don't think it deserves it...The single player never did a thing for me, no matter how many times i tried to get into it. :(

I honestly think jedi knight 2 should go down as a classic, not that it will. Such an innovative style of combat! Really great.

I agree with malakian completely. Personally I think Splinter Cell should be considered, but I know many would probably disagree.

no I can go with Splinter Cell. I can guarentee that 10 years from now they will be remade on the next generation of systems.

I kindof agree with malakian. Half life 1 sucks now but I think it was quite good in it's day. Half Life 2, as a game just plain sucks. As a show of game technology, it's amazing, but as a game...shimdt. You never notice it is shite when you first play it, you think it's amazing, then it hits you how pretentious the whole thing is.

On a level of what older game I think will become a classic, I would say Resident Evil 4, Deus Ex, Shenmue and just oevrall solid game like that.

I agree with malakian, and I further state that Deus Ex deserves some form of recognition as a classic in the near future.

this is a really hard topic.

Hmmm, ill bet on Legend of zelda: wind waker and devil may cry 1.

devil may cry 1 is better than a classic, i think it could go down as the best ps2 game ever
but anyways heres some future classics in my opion
armored core
onimusha warloards, the ps2 version
metal gears
and i dont like the game but i'd have to give it to fable for doing something so radicly different, but that could very easily be disagreed with

Posted: 02 Feb 2007 05:00 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

devil may cry 1 is better than a classic, i think it could go down as the best ps2 game ever
but anyways heres some future classics in my opion
armored core
onimusha warloards, the ps2 version
metal gears
and i dont like the game but i'd have to give it to fable for doing something so radicly different, but that could very easily be disagreed with
*****side note, i can't spell

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle