To forgive or not forgive, that is the question!

Kijan

Rookie
Let's say you love a gaming company, you love the games they make and then they release a game that is below their standards... do you forgive them and give them another chance or have they lost your trust entirely?

I'm asking this because after visiting the official Bioware forums for a while I just could not bare it any longer. After they've released DA2, which was also in my opinion a rushed product, probably due to time constraints, they've been receiving nonstop flak from its users.

Something is giving constructive criticism... but going apeshit over anything they say or do after releasing one 'subpar' product is just idiotic in my eyes.

Yours?

1 shit game? That's cool, learn from the mistakes and don't do them again.

Seem to have learnt from your mistakes... And then do the same things? (Less content: See ME1>2, DA1>2)
Piss off and come back when you can prove that you aren't shit again.

KOTOR2 comes to mind....

and TNR is rumoured to be shit, so, we'll see. Remember the focus in the gaming world is to make cheap and easy games for the thousands of unwashed masses of console players who hoard achievements to fill the gap in their empty, middle class existence. Quite obvious that the quality of games has fallen since the release of second gen consoles.

TheDiesel said:
Funny, to me Dragon Age II is a mighty enjoyable game.

Guess I must be retarded. *shrugs*

I also thought to be DA2 an enjoyable game, though there were some things that could have been polished.

Reused areas come to my mind. And why does everyone look the same after 6 years? :p

Anyways, on topic. :)

I don't think Bioware is a company to lose faith in after they make 1 subpar game. I mean, it's Bioware. And they'll come back strong with Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I look at the Sonic franchise for this. A few good games to start, then nothing but crap for over a decade (except Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, that game was sick). People still buy those games hoping the next one will be good, but I think the majority of us know it isn't going to happen.

I take it one game at a time, and I know that one not solid outing doesn't mean the rest will be. Same applies for a good outing.

TheDiesel said:
Funny, to me Dragon Age II is a mighty enjoyable game.

Guess I must be retarded. *shrugs*

Oh yes they are enjoyable games (I enjoyed the hell out of KOTOR2) but they're unfinished, unpolished, and lack identity, which is a shame.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
KOTOR2 comes to mind....

and TNR is rumoured to be s***, so, we'll see.

TNR?

And yeah...KOTOR2 was so buggy. I shouldn't have had to download a single file that changes some game script just to finish a level.

KOTOR2 wasn't made by Bioware.

Me, I've mostly lost a lot of faith in them. I hardly ever trust a company unconditionally, but it's usually pretty easy to tell when they're on the wrong path. Mass Effect 2 was the first sign of this, and Dragon Age 2 was the most obvious. Neither surprised me, though.

Always forgive. If a developer that's known for taking dumps in the form of video games suddenly releases this steaming hot holy grail, and you refuse to have anything to do with it, you're full of crap.

I don't trust companies, I trust the people behind the project. There are certain individuals that if they have a creative/financial/programming hand in a project will either make or break it. I'm slowly starting to figure out the wizards behind the curtains that I like.

But other than that...I just remind myself. Games are a hobby and go about living my life.

Lethean said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:
KOTOR2 comes to mind....

and TNR is rumoured to be s***, so, we'll see.

TNR?

And yeah...KOTOR2 was so buggy. I shouldn't have had to download a single file that changes some game script just to finish a level.

Sorry meant TOR, the old republic.

@Longo it might as well have been made by them, obsidian is pretty much made of bioware employees, at least at the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod