This is probably beating a dead horse

-FCM-

Rookie
I realize this is an obvious, predictable, and probably slightly annoying topic but...

When do you think you'll have the GTAIV review up? It got a 10 from IGN which is, you know, whatever. But then it got a 10 from Gamespot and it's kind of perked up my interest. Although Gamespot puts out some questionable reviews, they don't exactly hand out high scores, at least not like IGN does. And I think their last 10 was Soul Calibur.

One of our reviewers just picked it up early today. If he's as quick as he has been in the past, we'll have a review ready by the weekend, though the greatness of GTAIV might make that impossible. My fingers are crossed for the A+... ... maybe.

Heh, it'll be up whenever the game stops freezing. j/k

Who picked it up? Paul? Jesse? Greg? Something tells me Greg. He is tenacious.

This is a warning to GR. If this game receives an A+ I'll probably come visit the GR Compound and hang out in my underwear and touch all of your stuff.

You don't want that. You have been warned.

/Agrees with Longo

Although since Metacritic score your As as 100% giving it an A+ might break their site, which could at least be mildy amusing.

All of the cars drive like they are on ice. Hand break helps... but I shouldn't have to hand break while I turn a corner at 20mph.

You travel at 20mph? Wimp. I don't think there is a time when the screen isn't blurring when I drive.

I absolutely love the game but I have to agree with the traction issue. The cars do indeed drive like they're on ice. Fortunately, that's my only complaint of the game right now.

Yeah, applying brakes at 20 mph and skidding for thirty yarsds gets old. I'm starting to understand how to use the triggers to my full advantage and apply gas and brake slowly now. Feels kind of like Forza with prostitutes and blood covered hoods (fav part of game so far).

I think you guys need to learn how to drive, I had problems at first but now is like second nature, go easy on the gas just like a real car, oh and the cars dont have ABS like your car so gently tap the break and let go of the throttle, the cars drive realisticly now.

Go take your front wheel drive cars out and hammer the gas when you take a corner, than come and show a picture of the building you hit

The issue I find is most people play the game like previous GTA's. In a front wheel drive car, you slow to the speed you wish to take the corner, than take it sans gas or brake, if any is needed its a quarter press of the trigger at best

Meanwhile rear wheel drive vehicles you hammer the gas in a corner, the ass end comes out, I find it to be a fairly good realistic experience, granted I do agree some of the vehicles just come out odd in handling, the SUV's being the most notable, however, i;d have this handling system, a realistic one, over the previous segments in the series history

Dont be such a turkey, sparky.

Just because you find it fun and can master it doesn't mean it's universally great - i can drive well, but i still don't find it as fun as prior GTA cruisings, as i have to be on the ball a little too much to sit back and marvel.

Just because you can't master it doesn't mean it's universally a dud. I find the challenge itself to be more entertaining than previous games, when you do finally nail the driving down, powersliding through a busy intersection is incredible and rewarding in a personal sense

Yes, powerslidig and high speed chases are a blast and a challenge, but the game drops the ball when the speeds slow below 30 mph. Turning your car around from a stopped position is pretty much broken.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod