This cold sucks.

UghRochester

https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester
I have a common cold and it's highly irritating. Since there is not cure, what do you do best to rid of this fast?

I take Zicam and drink a lot of water.

I don't know how much Zicam really works, though. But I like the taste.

My favorite thing to do when my sinuses are full to the brim with shit that isn't coming out is to turn then shower on to as hot as I can bear and then sit down and aim the water on my chest.

So soothing and it clears the sinuses, for at least a little bit.

I agree with the spicy remedy. That should help somewhat in clearing your sinuses.

When you're resting lay on you side and breathe through your mouth. Eventually gavity will help out and it will clear one nostril open but clog up the other one. If you keep switching sides and stay laying on your side you'll juggle the mucus around and will at least keep it a little bit bearable.

lots of sleep (the most important by far), and lots of water.

trust me, i hate being sick. and I have tried EVERYTHING.

only real way to get rid of a cold quick is stay hydrated, and sleep as much as you possibly can.

all sorts of BS theories out there, like Vitamin C, Garlic, other crap you eat, drinks etc.

only thing that works is fluids and sleep.

best way to clear out your sinuses is to get into a super hot shower, run your face directly under the water and massage your sinuses, like from the outside of your eyes to your nose. and then farmer blow that shit down the drain. sit in the shower for 20 minutes doing this and you'll be clear as day. shit will reclog within a few hours, but do it a few times a day, sleep all day, you'll be golden.

also another crazy trick i do, that may or may not work for you as it is psychological is... when your nostril is clogged and it drives you nuts because you can't breath properly. wad up a little piece of kleenex and stuff it up the nostril that is plugged. since you know you plugged it yourself it isn't near as irritating as something you can't control.

try it. works for me, I always do it. GF thinks im insane, but not a single fuk is given.

I've had a cold for the last 2 years. Back when i used to be a normal human, i used to take 2x Lemsip with a shitton of water, go to sleep early and then when i woke up in 3-4 hours to piss, took both a normal and drowsy one with a little bit of water and slept until morning. Usually a day of resting after that with maybe 1 or 2 more spread throughout and i'd be all good by the next morning.

Green_Lantern said:
My favorite thing to do when my sinuses are full to the brim with shit that isn't coming out is to turn then shower on to as hot as I can bear and then sit down and aim the water on my chest.

If I were to walk in on that scene, I would think I was in a Silent Hill game or something!

I just drink something called "Lemsip", and there's a chewing gum called "Airwaves" thats clears noses up really well.
Of course, you have to get to UK first to sample them.

madster111 said:
I hate the lemsip drinks so, so much. The lemon one has genuinely made me throw up in the past.

Yeah it's certainly a love it or hate it thing. My girlfriend also hates the stuff.

Get plenty of rest (sleep), take pain relief as necessary (like that cold/flu medication, aspirin etc.), drink plenty of water throughout the day, eat fruits/vegetables, take multi-vitamins.

MattAY said:
Green_Lantern said:

If I were to walk in on that scene, I would think I was in a Silent Hill game or something!

It works awesome...Plus it's better than ITR's suggestion cause you can actually breathe my way.

Yeah, I'm drinking so much water. I'm getting better. This happens to me, because the weather is starting to piss me off again. It's cold one day and hot the next. Your body isn't ready for that

Tell ya what you just reminded me of Howie - bloody Fire & Ice!

76408-fire-ice-amiga-screenshot-game-1s.png

Anyone remember this gem! Bloody top stuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod