They should have done this!

maca2kx

Rookie
We've all been there, we've all sat back playing a game and enjoying it but at the same time thinking "this could have been better if..." I know I've been there and I'm there right now, I finally got round to buying Rainbow Six: Vegas (don't hate me too much, I borrowed it for a long time from a friend and played it a lot) and I can't help but think it could be better if certain things were included such as better and more in depth commands such as:

• "Advance forward" - it's all very well telling your team mates to take cover on one side so you can take the other but what about when you want to advance forward to gradually clear the room? Being able to advance forward rather than hold or regroup would open up a lot of tactical options.
  • Marking a cover point from the map - telling your team mates where to go is great but it's restricted to where you can personally view which severely limits your options in many points of the game. In hostage situations you need to get your team in place as rapidly as possible and having to personally view each door before deciding on a tactic and setting it up, being able to mark your map would mean faster decisions and a lot more convenience.
  • "Cover that area" - how many times have you been in a room infested with terrorists and your moron team mates are covering the exact same area while you're getting hammered in the back by the terrorist with the SPAS12? Setting a field of fire for your team mates would dispense with this frustration and open up more tactical options.

Aside from the extra commands I'd love to see a better quality AI in your team mates so they would stop:

• Running into a terrorist infested room because you told them through snake cam to go to the opposite door.
  • Walk right in front of you while doing bugger all.
  • Stand in the middle of a room without seeking cover because you don't tell them where to go, I understand soldiers follow orders but even the most rule observing person has some sense of self preservation!

Other minor gripes include not being able to take cover against certain objects that really should be capable of supplying cover, for instance on one level there is one pillar that allows you to take cover from three sides but not from one. There are also places where there is a high cover which decreases into a low cover but instead of being able to stand and poke to the side you go automatically into a crouch and you can't peer out if there is the smallest obstacle.

There are other things I can think of that could be included in Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (if there will be one) but they're the main ones.

So have you ever played a game while thinking it could have been so much better?

Sam[/list]

Most recently, I have wanted Test Drive Unlimited on the PS2 to support the steering wheel controller. I can't believe they didn't do this, it would have made the game infinity times better.

while i was playing the last mission in bully i realized that the ending could have been better. for instance gary the guy who wants you dead can't fight to save his life and he is like the boss of the game. they could have made it more of a challenge to win.

matyopp said:
while i was playing the last mission in bully i realized that the ending could have been better. for instance gary the guy who wants you dead can't fight to save his life and he is like the boss of the game. they could have made it more of a challenge to win.

Also, SPOILER WARNING, I GUESS:

Joining with the Townies, most specifically, the tough chick who's, like, soooo into you, felt way too rushed. You hardly get to know any of them, The last few chapters feel really thrown together.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle