There's mental conditioning, then there's army adverts!

malakian

Rookie
Seriously, I can't help but feel an overwhelming urge to fight for my country coming here lately. Shouldn't you guys be plugging things that wont kill us, like yoshi's touch and go?

Yoshi's touch and go can kill you. Honest to god, the stylus fell out of my hand and into my stomach then sliced laterally, instigating an unwillfull act of seppuku...I got better though.

Nothing wrong with an Army advertisement.

If they need to advertise, would you rather see an Army one, a mascara one, a Victoria's Secret one (and no, they wouldn't be near nude :p.) or a cigarette one?

I think if kids browse it'd be better for them to be inspired to become a soldier instead of a makeup wearing, cigarette smoking person with a sexual identity crisis who borrowed his mom's lingerie.

there's plenty wrong with it, and i don't know who you're trying to convince it's better than seeing a victorias secret ad...mmmmm

malakian said:
there's plenty wrong with it, and i don't know who you're trying to convince it's better than seeing a victorias secret ad...mmmmm

I said a not near nude one :p.

And what's wrong with advertising for the army? It's their choice whether or not they want to enlist anyways.

LetheanDreams said:
And what's wrong with advertising for the army? It's their choice whether or not they want to enlist anyways.

Which debunks your previous argument involving the male whore in lingerie.

Sam

maca2kx said:
LetheanDreams said:

Which debunks your previous argument involving the male whore in lingerie.

Sam

That was more added for humour >_>.

Even if it was my own.

i just think of it as getting back some of my tax money. i certainly do not recommend that anyone join the army. there are plenty of way better, more useful, less dangerous jobs out there.

The Army assumes that men who play videogames are trigger-happy losers who live with their parents and who are searching for a way out.

So they pay good for advertising!

dUKE said:
i just think of it as getting back some of my tax money. i certainly do not recommend that anyone join the army. there are plenty of way better, more useful, less dangerous jobs out there.

Like for example drug dealer! Thanks for the suggestion dUKE!

Wanna buy this stuff? :roll:

used44 said:
The Army assumes that men who play videogames are trigger-happy losers who live with their parents and who are searching for a way out.
!

I hope you don't actually believe this ):.

And nothing wrong with serving in the military.

LetheanDreams said:
I think if kids browse it'd be better for them to be inspired to become a soldier
Wow. Just, wow.
If my kid someday ever wanted to join the army I'd smack him so hard he'd probably suffer damage. Last thing I would want is my kid to get blown to shit fighing in some other country.

masterchris said:
LetheanDreams said:
I think if kids browse it'd be better for them to be inspired to become a soldier
Wow. Just, wow.
If my kid someday ever wanted to join the army I'd smack him so hard he'd probably suffer damage. Last thing I would want is my kid to get blown to shit fighing in some other country.

So you think my *opinion* is wrong obviously. Opinions aren't right or wrong really but ok.

I can't help but think some people here will think less of me for being pro military.

Also you took my words out of context, you left out the part where I said it's preferrable to other things. I never said it's over all other careers I'd be pleased with it, like your quote said or led others to believe.

You're right I did take it out of context,
however I never said your opinion was wrong. I stated my suprise toward your opinion, and the I stated my own opinion on the matter.

And yes, for the record I believe your opinion is wrong, but that's simply my opinion towards your opinion, which is just that: an opinion.

masterchris said:
You're right I did take it out of context,
however I never said your opinion was wrong. I stated my suprise toward your opinion, and the I stated my own opinion on the matter.

And yes, for the record I believe your opinion is wrong, but that's simply my opinion towards your opinion, which is just that: an opinion.

*reads over again to see where there could be a flaming, arguementative post or phrase or anything.*

Huh.

The internet needs more people like you :(.

used44 said:

So they pay good for advertising!

Or maybe it is just that they are trying to advertise to the age group that is most likely to consider joining the army. The same age group that shockingly likes to play games as well. I mean, you dont put advertisements for Gold Bond on a gaming site sites.

masterchris said:
I honestly am not quite sure if that post is an insult or a compliment.. the frown throws me off.
:(

Oops! A compliment!

I thought that when I typed it.

It was a frown like "too bad there aren't more like you here because the interweeb sure does suck!". What with all it's opinionated fanboys and whatnot...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod