Them Demos

Bretimus_v2

So tired.
I love demos. I love it when a company panders to me. Waving it's bite-sized demo before me, beckoning me to buy the whole meal. I'm a bit of a bandwidth whore, I usually download all the demos that get put up each week and pick them off before the next batch.

That being said. Rayman Origins Demo is amazing! Consider my interest piqued. Best demo to come out this week. It's simple, fun and it has awesome music and FX. It makes me feel like a kid. The kind of kid who doesn't need to shoot a bullet and watch his opponents head explode in order to find joy in a game.

I used to live off PSX demo discs. Maybe I'll write more on that later.

But as far as downloading demos, I'm usually disappointed. I prefer the Arcade demos, which are usually a look at the full game, from the beginning, then you hit the pay wall. Castle Crashers' demo, for example, was perfect and made my mind up to buy the full game right there.

Demos used to be better. Now most of them are called trials and other foo.... Wait what! Rayman Origins demo!?! To the play mobile!

29c7u5d.png

I remembered when Game Revolution used to have a demo section and I would just download demos there because I was too poor for games. The demos that stood out was the Thief games and the Half-Life: Uplink demo.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I Rayman Origins Demo is amazing!.

Quoted for the truth. It was full of joy.

To continue my interrupted ramble about demos.. I played a lot of UT2k4 and Soldier of Fortune of 2 multiplayer demos. Too bad the multiplayer demos that come these days are in form of free weekends. Demos are one of the important deal breakers/makers for me and they've gotten me interested in games I would never thought of buying.

cyberjim2000 said:
I remembered when Game Revolution used to have a demo section and I would just download demos there because I was too poor for games. The demos that stood out was the Thief games and the Half-Life: Uplink demo.

haha, when i was younger i did exactly the same, the demo section was literally my source of pc games apart from maybe age of empires and combat flight simulator...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod